bobvoeh

Komodo Coffee?

Not sure about "green"; but www.wholelattelove.com online has lots of beans/coffee for sale. That's where I purchase mine. Very customer friendly for answering questions' date=' etc.[/quote']

I can vouch for them as well. I purchased my Espresso Machine and some accessories from them as well as several orders of coffee. Very friendly customer service. Good site too, they have a ton of instructional videos for using the different brands of equipment as well as technique.

I would not recommend using your very expensive KK to roast coffee. Coffee oils are insidious and will permeate everything, causing everything you cook thereafter to taste vaguely of coffee. Most people who use a bbq drum to roast will buy a cheap gas grill dedicated to coffee.

KOmodo House Roast

I would not recommend using your very expensive KK to roast coffee. Coffee oils are insidious and will permeate everything' date=' causing everything you cook thereafter to taste vaguely of coffee. Most people who use a bbq drum to roast will buy a cheap gas grill dedicated to coffee.[/quote']

And then all of us here at KOmodo recommend you buying a second KOmodo and dedicate it to roasting coffee!

:lol::lol:

Now that I think about it, the KK wouldn't be ideally suited to coffee roasting. Some roasters want to extend the time between 1st and 2nd crack in order to develop flavors in the bean, this means a quick drop in temp that might be difficult with the thermal mass of the KK.

I still want a KOmodo anyways. :D

KOmodo's nitrogen injectors

Now that I think about it, the KK wouldn't be ideally suited to coffee roasting. Some roasters want to extend the time between 1st and 2nd crack in order to develop flavors in the bean, this means a quick drop in temp that might be difficult with the thermal mass of the KK.

I still want a KOmodo anyways. :D

Now you have not heard about KOmodo's nitrogen injectors to cool your beans quickly..

One short blast will instantly cool ya beans..

:lol::lol: