tlinder

2 KomodoKamado owners meet

Let's start at the beginning of the whole story: In Spring 2006 I was looking for a new grill. I saw a big green egg in a catalog but this was very expensive here in Switzerland so I checked if there were other products. Soon I was on the kamado.com website and fell in love with a K7. I contacted the guy who just started Kamado Europe and reserved one from the first shipment that was on the way to Europe.

I posted a message in the Kamado forum where I mentioned that I'm planing on buying a K7. Soon after this I got an email from a guy who hinted me to komodokamado.com and mentioned, that he heard not only good things about the kamado company. So I fired up a google search and soon found some stuff that made me think if I really wanted a kamado grill. After reading so many good things about Dennis and so many bad things about the other company I finally decided to cancel my order for the K7 and ordered a KK Supreme Classic 22" from Dennis.

3 months and several nice bbq sessions with my new kk later it came again to my mind who actually hinted me to komodokamado in the first place and I wrote him an email to thank him. The guy's name was curly!

I mentioned in this mail that if he should ever come to Europe I would love be be his host for a few nights. He answered, that he may take you up on our visit offer, but only if I promise to visit his log cabin in South Carolina if you get over this way.

One year later we were actually planing a trip to Philadelphia to visit the goodfather of my son. After wards we wanted to drive to Florida to spend 2 weeks at the beach. Suddenly my wife remembered me telling her about this log cabin guy in SC and after some hesitation I fired off an email to ask if he was really serious with his invitation. He was and so it came that we spent Easter 2008 with curly's family in their lovely home.

The hospitality was extraordinary! We had such a lovely time with them! This were 2 really great days and a real highlight of our trip. Also our son loved so much to play with their daughter and she was so kind with him. The food was of course also delicious. My wife still mentions regularly the delicious pulled pork and ribs.

We really hope that some when they give us a chance to get even by visiting us in Switzerland.

Find here a slide show with all the photos of our stay in South Carolina and curly's home:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/tobiaslinder/sets/72157613814530859/

Find here our blog where you can find also the entries from our journey along the east coast:

http://www.linder.li/

Curly with his wife standing behind, curly's daughter behind the camera (not on the picture but to be seen in the slide show above), my wife, my son and me (tlinder) sitting at the table:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/tobiaslinder/3280581395/in/set-72157613814530859

Why, TLinder! You're just a BABY!! You're the little guy in the middle, right? :binky:

Philadelphia! You were 8 miles from me. Ok, maybe more, depending on where in Philadelphia you were. Sigh. I'd have treated you to sushi at my favorite spot. You wouldn't even have to catch the fish yourself. :)

Looks like a wonderful visit. And that's a great photo of Curly, too. Or is HE the little fellow in the middle? Curly blonde head? :D

Fun to see pictures of people who we know and love, and yet DON'T know.

I hope you get to visit with the Family Curly in Switzerland, too. :love2:

CURLY?!?

Curly who?? I used to know a guy named Curly, but he has been scarce 'round here lately. Figger'd maybe he got into some trouble breaking his cousin out of the clink or something. Went underground or something :P

You didn't even tell us you were coming to FL, either!

Traveling like I do, I should really be more proactive in putting a face to some of the names on this forum. I have only met DJ, and he was not nearly as cool looking as the Curly Fam! :twisted:

Why, TLinder! You're just a BABY!! You're the little guy in the middle, right? :binky:

Philadelphia! You were 8 miles from me. Ok, maybe more, depending on where in Philadelphia you were. Sigh. I'd have treated you to sushi at my favorite spot. You wouldn't even have to catch the fish yourself. :)

Looks like a wonderful visit. And that's a great photo of Curly, too. Or is HE the little fellow in the middle? Curly blonde head? :D

Fun to see pictures of people who we know and love, and yet DON'T know.

I hope you get to visit with the Family Curly in Switzerland, too. :love2:

To clear things up I added a description to the picture :-)

What a shame that we missed your sushi. We are very much into this stuff and of course also into meeting other bbq enthusiastics.

Did he let you drive his tractor? :) Curly's a great guy and I'm glad you had a chance to see a great part of our country!

It would probably not have been a good idea. I had already my problems with the "normal" cars in the states. We're just used to smaller cars on the old continent.

Re: CURLY?!?

Curly who?? I used to know a guy named Curly, but he has been scarce 'round here lately. Figger'd maybe he got into some trouble breaking his cousin out of the clink or something. Went underground or something :P

You didn't even tell us you were coming to FL, either!

Traveling like I do, I should really be more proactive in putting a face to some of the names on this forum. I have only met DJ, and he was not nearly as cool looking as the Curly Fam! :twisted:

I can confirm that he only went underground in the forum. In the real world is very alive!

Sorry for not mentioning that I was coming to FL, but we were quiet busy with all kinds of things as you can see in our blog. Perhaps next time, because we will sure be back. We're completly in love with Longboat Key. It's just a fantastic place:

P1020631.JPG

What a shame that we missed your sushi. We are very much into this stuff and of course also into meeting other bbq enthusiastics.

Um... you know that sushi's not cooked on a KK, right? :wink:

I repeat what I said, though. You're a BABY!! :binky: Some reason, I pictured you as older. :) I mean, you're from Europe. That's the "Old Country." So, you MUST be older, right? :D

Tobias,

Great looking guy with the white beard huh? We really enjoyed the visiit. We all want Keagan to come back so we can hug on him, Katie has a picture of him in her room now.

Tell Suzanna that Chubby tried to eat the sock animal she made for Katie.

Great slideshow!

Drop by anytime, the doors always open to great people like ya'll with weird accents :roll:

Curly

Um... you know that sushi's not cooked on a KK, right? :wink:

I know, but not everything has to be cooked on the KK to be delicious.

I repeat what I said' date=' though. You're a BABY!! :binky: Some reason, I pictured you as older. :) I mean, you're from Europe. That's the "Old Country." So, you MUST be older, right? :D[/quote']

I'm only 33 years old, but thanks to sleep deprivation (our son just needs way less sleep then we) I definetly feel older :P

Curious, are tlinder's slideshow pics working for everyone? I get an IE error and it shuts down every time I open the slides.

http://www.linder.li/slideshows/2008-03%20Union/

-=Jasen=-

Damn Internet Explorer! I tested it on Apple Safari, Firefox and the iPhone and it worked perfectly!

If you go directly to the start of the slide show it should work:

http://www.linder.li/slideshows/2008-03%20Union/slides/P1020408.html