U2PLT

CozyCrafted - New for 2008!

Damit Cozy; I got to have one. I just need to figure out if I want it to match the others, or go with something different.

Looks like it'll make grinding much easier for those big jobs like ribs, butts, briskets. Doing the big jobs, twisting of the other style mills gets a bit hard on the old arms/hands after awhile. I think you just solved that.

Sanny wrote:

Hey, Cozy, would you take a photo with something next to it, to demonstrate relative size? An egg, a quarter, beer can... something? Hard to get perspective.

Good Idea Sanny! Because it doesn't look like you'd get much coffee; if someone wants it for coffee. But, does look like the right amount of black pepper for a butt eehhh? That's what I'm talkin' bout'. Yea baby!!!

The Grinder is 3" in diameter at its base. The Dymondwood bottom is 4.75" in diameter and 4.0" tall. I did not like the wooden crank handle and I have cut off the pin that held it on and I am going to install a matching Dymondwood handle. It will hold 1/2 cup of ground spice/coffee in the bottom container.

My son had asked me about a pepper grinder that would grind out at least a 1/4 cup easily, I showed him a grinder I had bought some time ago but had never built a box to house it. These grinders you can buy from craft supplies like Penn State Ind. always show a box with a pull out draw as the wood base. After I quickly did a box one for Tom, he said it was great for grinding pepper so he could make his own very fresh BBQ Rub.

I decided to try a round one using my segmented techniques and I really like that way it came out. I am going to enter it in the 2008 Texas State Fair Creative Arts Division.

Looks great how easy is the mechanism to clean, if you obly use it for pepper it's fine but using a variety of spice (chili etc) I'ld want to be able to give it a thorough clean at times... 8)

It's another thing of beauty though!!! :D

The Grinder mechanisms are easy to take apart and then clean them. You just have to remove the two bolts that hold the grinder to the bowl. I coated the inside of the bowl with acrylic lacquer that is used for automobile clear coat which is very tough stuff. You should be able to wipe clean the bowl with a damp cloth.