trish

forum format for charcoal

Is there a way to bypass the charcoal pallet threads so that they don't come up in the unread posts when we access the forum. Perhaps a preference setting that can exclude that. The only way I know to clear them from my view is to open them....

I understand the need for the opportunity for people to coordinate the shared purchases, but it results in a large volume of posts that I don't want to read

I personally felt a part of the problem with the K forum is it became dominated by people trying to order Koal and by those who couldn't seem to figure out where to post it.

My thought is it should be a thread that is linked, but not automatically shown when we look log on to see new threads.

Am I the only one with this perspective?

Re: forum format for charcoal

Is there a way to bypass the charcoal pallet threads so that they don't come up in the unread posts when we access the forum. Perhaps a preference setting that can exclude that. The only way I know to clear them from my view is to open them....

I understand that, what you might want to do is always use the "View Unread Posts" search to read what's interesting to you.

Once read, use the "Mark all topics read" feature to clear the unread charcoal posts.. This will delete the unread charcoal posts from your member's cache.

I'm sure as the charcoal business grows it will get a linked forum and website of its' own. I hope the method detailed above will eleviate the problem in the meantime..

Open new pages/tabs/windows from there

so you have to return to the index before you leave the site? I don't see this anywhere but in the index.....I start there but I don't finish there.

Try starting with "View unread posts" this will give you the searched page and all the new posts.

If you then open new pages/tabs/windows from there you can finish by clicking the "Mark All Posts As Read" before you close.

Trish, pretty much what they have told you in this thread is the best way I know how. Because the "View Unread Posts" is actually a mod based on the forums existing search engine, I doubt there is a way to exclude. The standard search allows you to pick a section or category, but not exclude one. So the chances of a mod out there for it are slim.

But what they suggested here is pretty easy. Just always use "View Unread Posts" and keep using it till there are no unread posts left except the charcoal sharing. Then in the "View Unread Posts" page, there is the "Mark All Posts As Read" in the right corner which will knock them off your list.

-=Jasen=-