kravnh

Spec Sheet for Gen 2.2?

Hi All,

I was wondering if anyone had a spec sheet / parts list for the Gen 2.2, that includes features, dimensions, weight, and included parts/accessories. I found the post with the specs for the 19.5, but I can't find one for the Gen 2.2

Thanks!

Its heavy, but four guys can move one easily by sticking two by fours through the loops that come attached to the legs. Two guys with two by fours can do it too, just a bit more work 8)

I got mind off the pallet and up a couple of steps all by myself with the help of some short four by fours.

It is already on wheels, so a dolly isn't really needed, and a couple of two-by-fours and some 3/4" plywood make a very sturdy ramp.

Cheers,

Mike

I'd figure on about 500lbs. ~100 for the top, ~300 for the base, and another ~100 for the accessories, fire ring, damper top, etc. Obviously I'd unload it before moving it by hand, and if you don't have enough people I'd also take off the dome top.

Not at all!

You just grab it around the upper damper and rock it back on two legs, and kick the four by four under the other two (it IS easier if you have a buddy to slide it into place).

Then go around to the other side and rock it up the other way and repeat for those legs. Four inches at a time, you can raise it to the level of the step and roll it forward onto the step. Repeat the process for the next step.

Slow, but easy and painless.

Cheers,

Mike

And a big pair of cahones!

Yes this can be done but you will also need a big pair of cahones to roll it on the 2X4's alone!

Good job Mike..

Not sure that's something I'd like to try!

;);)

Not at all!

You just grab it around the upper damper and rock it back on two legs, and kick the four by four under the other two (it IS easier if you have a buddy to slide it into place).

Then go around to the other side and rock it up the other way and repeat for those legs. Four inches at a time, you can raise it to the level of the step and roll it forward onto the step. Repeat the process for the next step.

Slow, but easy and painless.

Cheers,

Mike

4x4s, not 2x4s, Makes a big difference in stability.

Most people don't realize how much easier it is to tip a heavy load than to lift it. As long as you don't tip it very far, the worst that can happen is that it drops back in place.

That's how the easter island statues were moved all around the island from the quarry - four nooses around the neck, and it would alternately be tipped to one side and the other side would be rotated forward, then tipped to the other side and the first would be rotated forward.

The europeans refused to believe the natives when they told them that the statues "walked" to their destinations.

Anyway, that was what gave me the idea.

Cheers,

Mike

move it

Here are the moving instructions from the company:

viewtopic.php?t=523

If you use this technique, be very careful NOT to put very much pressure onto the side of the cooker with the 2x4's. Best to pull them slightly outward away from the cooker. Or you should put some padding between the 2x4's and the cooker. If you allow extreme pressure to be applied to the tiles by the 2x4's the tiles can be gouged and displaced in the elastomeric grout/ adhesive. Ignore this advice at your peril.

Re: move it

If you allow extreme pressure to be applied to the tiles by the 2x4's the tiles can be gouged and displaced in the elastomeric grout/ adhesive. Ignore this advice at your peril.

Sorry about your "incedent" too.. This never happened with the original grout and you are the first to report this happening.

Makes sense because the insulation is used as both the adjesive and grout and is defineately much softer than grout. I understand how this could happen.. Time to make a new set of photos and include something to spread out the pressure.

So I guess this is actually a "Thank You" for the heads up..

;)