primeats

Rocks in my Charcoal

Anyone notice an increasing amount of rocks,concrete, or gravel in their Royal Oak charcoal lately? Next time I clean out the KK I'll post some pics if the stones I've found. I first thought was I had damaged the inside of the KK from cooking too much...not the case. Some pieces were about 2 to 3 inches across.

I know you always get a few stones from the charcoal, and I know it wasn't from the KK. I've been noticing a greater frequency of rocks lately, and usually from the 20 lb. bags, not so much with the 10lb(now 8.8lb.) bags. I'm guessing it's from the ground when they scoop up the charcoal.

I know you always get a few stones from the charcoal' date=' and I know it wasn't from the KK. I've been noticing a greater frequency of rocks lately, and usually from the 20 lb. bags, not so much with the 10lb(now 8.8lb.) bags. I'm guessing it's from the ground when they scoop up the charcoal.[/quote']

I guess that is why the 10 lb is now 8.8 lbs..... they omitted the rocks....

T Rex

It is legendary that one washes rice from India, because labor is so cheap that it makes economic sense to pay someone to add tiny bits of foreign material to the rice.

Boggles the mind, but the charcoal is sold by weight, right? Suspicious...

When I've complained about too many small crumbs in my Lazarri 40# oak lump bags, they tell me at the factory to bring them in for a credit. I never do...

I use "Dragon Breath" lump charcoal; I have used ca. 300 # of the lump with 1 small stone in all of that. Dragon breath works extremely well and seems to last forever with little ash; the sellers also live and sell near me also makes it very attractive for me to use in our KK 'Dragon's Egg'

When I started out using "Wegman's" brand the bags were smaller but I never found a single stone or rock.