DennisLinkletter

Komodo Kamado Timeline and Milestones

Komodo Kamado is going to be 7 years old this August..

KK Timeline and Milestones

Ex-Kamado Crew starts work in my woodworking factory August 2003

Harbinson Walker engineers design materials for KK August 2003

KK's unbreakable two piece firebox designed September 2003

KK's first simple website up May 2004

First KK Ebay Feedback Sept 2004

OTB foam mockup built October 2004

First OTB made with two layer refractory material December 2004

First self-opening hinge installed December 2004

KK works with Shotgun Fred Pirkle and installs first OEM Guru faceplate May 2005

First KK OTB is shipped July 2005

KK OTB comes E-Z Que rotisserie ready August 2005

KK starts using CNC cut and folded stainless components August 2005

KK forum up and running March 2006

KK gets it's own new larger production facility December 2006

Naked Whiz puts up now infamous KK review April 2007

First Gen 2.2 ships May 2007

KK gets it's second website June 2007

KK makes About.com's Ultimate, Best of the Best on the market list as Ultimate Beauty July 2007

New Elastomeric adhesive/insulation/grout shipped November 2007

New KK Rib Rack shipped June 2008

Komodo Kamado patents issued Sept 2008

KK burns 85 hours at 225º on 16 lbs of charcoal Sept 2008

Chris Lilly cooks on a Komodo on the Today Show May 2009

Komodo Kamado Trade name registered July 2009

KK gets it's third but first Komodo quality website April 2010

Kingsford charcoal chooses Komodo Kamado for their promotions April 2010

In basically 6 years, KK has gone from zero to being "arguably" the finest all around charcoal cooker built at any price.

;);)

Did I miss anything?

Time Travel

For anyone into time travel, here are the web sites for this time line:

http://web.archive.org/web/*/http://www ... kamado.com

(Cut and paste the whole line.)

Were there other domains? This one doesn't kick in right away.

I'm baffled, 2003 was my first summer living with Laurie, and I tried using a rusty offset firebox left by her ex in all ways, as if it were a ceramic cooker. We started looking for an actual ceramic cooker in 2003; David and Kim at the Kamado cookoff in Sacramento, August 2003 were very persuasive. We bought a Kamado in February 2004, then a KK in September 2009 (is this really our first summer?).

I could have sworn that I considered a KK in the fall of 2003. Did the ex-Kamado crew make sales before you adopted them?

Re: Time Travel

For anyone into time travel, here are the web sites for this time line:

Thanks.. I enjoyed the time travel.. I remember too fondly making that website basically on adobe photoshop and indesign as I had no programming skills or content management system. When I clicked on the new Forum button it brought me back to May 27, 2007. We had only 179 members and Cozy was the newest member..

http://web.archive.org/web/20070527185130rn_1/www.komodokamado.com/forum/

I also liked in the About Us I wrote. "I am committed to building the finest quality refractory (BBQ) at any price and will continually work to improve the grills."

Were there other domains? This one doesn't kick in right away.

Nope only komodokamado.com

I'm baffled, 2003 was my first summer living with Laurie, and I tried using a rusty offset firebox left by her ex in all ways, as if it were a ceramic cooker. We started looking for an actual ceramic cooker in 2003; David and Kim at the Kamado cookoff in Sacramento, August 2003 were very persuasive. We bought a Kamado in February 2004, then a KK in September 2009 (is this really our first summer?).

I could have sworn that I considered a KK in the fall of 2003. Did the ex-Kamado crew make sales before you adopted them?

Topo was still working with RJ in 2003.. To the best of my knowledge, RJ was chased out of the country in July of 2003.

Seems like a lifetime ago..

But I always felt like the little train that could..

Thanks again to everybody for all your support..

;);)

Re: Komodo Kamado Timeline and Milestones

Lynn,

Sounds like you have an Imperial Kamado. Those are made out of clay. While functional, after the stress of high heat, after a fashion you are left with crumbled earth. I had one and enjoyed it while it lasted. Then I made a mistake and got one of RJ's which is falling apart. Luckily, Dennis is going to let me adopt a KK in January! I am excited.

I have to say it is so refreshing to find someone who demonstrates pride and compassion in their endeavours and is able to build a successful business with integrity and honesty. Congratulations on your innovation and dedication.

I have to say it is so refreshing to find someone who demonstrates pride and compassion in their endeavours and is able to build a successful business with integrity and honesty. Congratulations on your innovation and dedication.

Thank you for the kudos..

It's very rewarding to have so many happy customers who are passionate about their KK.

;);)