Hephaestus

It has arrived

Happy happy happy,

After a long wait, (nothing to do with Dennis) it finally arrived last week. What a thing of beauty. The quality and workmanship is simply amazing. You simply do not realize how big this cooker is from the net. Thanks to many members, taking the crate apart was well a piece of cake. I did some sausages yesterday and a pork roast with cherry chips this afternoon. it took a little longer than i would have liked but I will get used to it. What a beauty to see it smoke away. Tomorrow Monday we don't work up here in Canada it is going to be chicken rotisserie.

Thank you guys. It doesn't of course just look great it also cooks a storm. I will post some cooking pictures on the week end. I wish you good luck Conodo12 with you Flyers. I hope you understand I could not root for them. Not after they eliminated our Canadiens

Re: Getting action from your pictures

Hephaestus' date=' I like your photos, each time I click on them I get a pop-up from some gal who lives in my area that's horny and wants to talk to me. I've never gotten this much action in my life ;)[/quote']

Hey Larr, me too! :D:D

T Rex

Here is our back yard set-up

That is an impressive array of cookers Heph! I know the Napolean series gas grills and of course recognize the Grill Dome. I would be curious to hear your first-hand account of differences between the Grill Dome and the KK - both pro's and con's of each...

Doc - I wasn't worried about posting the question only because of the open door policy that Dennis invites on the forum. Heck, if our posts were subject to censorship, I (and many others) wouldn't be here! :) Alas, we don't have to worry about that. 8)

As for getting some of the differences between the two cookers - my sense is that at the end of the day, it will prove to bolster sales of the KK. Let's face it - Heph has good taste in cookers. If he felt that the GD was the end all be all, he would not have stepped up to the Komodo Kamado! ;)

Let me make something clear. I have no idea how these pop ups came about. They started appearing when I started up loading the pics I also get them now every time I click on them. Even though it does not appear to be a problem to many of our fellow members I will ask our computer guy Pedro to eliminate them. Any suggestions on how do this?????

I will post my comments on the two cookers another time.

Komodos are not for everybody

I of course never mind comparisons.. nor am I ever threatened by a glazed Pot with simple straps and grills outshining my multi layer body and 82 lbs of 304 stainless.. Actually not fair to compare the two..

Komodos are not for everybody any more than performance sports cars are.. but for those enthusiasts who can't live without cooking on charcoal and can afford them, a Komodo can't be beat..

They may be expensive but they are a great value if you look at what you're actually getting for you money.. much more bang for your buck if you compare them to any of the other ceramics..

But then again, there is no way I could ever be objective.

Every parent loves his kids..

I think if I was to buy one of the "other" ceramics I'd lean towards the Primo..

freedom

They have some seriously obsessed thought police over on the Primo forums! Reference another cooker, or put a link in your post to some other cooker, and you will hear about it pronto, and be given an "infraction". It's like those power freaks that populate homeowners associations who drive around the neighborhood daily looking for "violators"! The KK forums are like early America, when we still had some semblance of freedom.

Primo

Primo's lawyers wrote me on April 1st (fools day;-) and threatened the world if I built my 32" big bad Komodo saying it infringed on their patented oval shape.. and it would confuse their customers..

I wrote them a very funny reply about how my cooker's shape is based on a heart not an oval and how a child could see the difference between the two cookers. Also the fact that I would not want to be confused with a cooker that cost only 1/3 of what mine does..

Never heard back from them..

:lol::lol: