Firemonkey

So what going on the grill to celebrate the 4th?

briskie

Doc i read your post on the coffee cardamom rub the other day and printed it off for future use, the future is here. smells great just slid it in the fridge. planning on firing the Kooker about 8 this evening and going all night.

This is how I roll

So unbeliveably easy and so good. Put ribs on, closed Hestia, opened her 6 hours later and ribs are done to perfection, are you kidding me, am I that good or is it the cooker ;) Meat came cleanly off the bone with a gentle tug, I am the rib god, LOL!

th_4thofJuly10Ribs9.jpg

Here's a SLIDESHOW of the rest of the cook. I take my ribs dry, no sauce and this rub is perfect for that, so good I can't even begin do describe how good it is. Happy 4th!

Re: Pulled Pork and Beef Ribs

I did 30 lbs of pulled pork over the weekend and beef ribs.

It's been sometime since I did beef ribs and they were excellent! I smoked those ribs for over 6.5 hours at 225 degrees and they were tender with just the right amount of pull.

Gotta luv it!... :D:D

T Rex

Multi meat cookin'

First I smoked/cooked a chicken for the nachos...

Then 4 racks of ribs, followed by three Wagu wanna be Tri Tips and right as I was sneaking away from the two hot Komodos I was called back in to grill the zucchini.. Thin sliced the Tri's for sandwiches..

Saisuda made up some pumpkin and green curry to add some Thai zing to the table also..

There was a big batch with lots of 2 Rums & some Contreau with orange and coconut juice and the party was a total success.. Of course!

IMG_4766.jpg

IMG_4765.jpg

IMG_4767.jpg

IMG_4770.jpg

Pensacola, FL Fri Jul 02, 2010 6:49 am I posted "Best seafood in the area is at "Capt Joey Pattie's"

I am sorry to say that this was not the case on my last two visits, the last being today. May have changed cooks.

Fortunately we now have another great fish house in the area.

David's Catfish House

5129 Dogwood Drive (Hwy89)

Milton, FL

(850) 626-1500

Sai has actually graduated to Rare Tri Tip!

Soooooo, is Sai warming up to our habit of medium rare on our beef?

T Rex

Sai has actually graduated to Rare Tri Tip! And loving it.. secret is in the reverse sear giving a uniform, more firm texture to the meat and much less bloody juice.

When I brought it up "after" she had been eating it for a week, she said I had tricked her into liking it! Trick worked.. she's still eating it.

I now always keep a tupperware full of thin sliced Tri Tip for snacking, salads and my staple roast beef sandwiches...