DennisLinkletter

Side Accessory Plate Grill Hangers

Can the longer bolts be shortened without too much trouble, and if they are shortened, what will I be giving up? I can't remember why they were extended, but if they are no longer made so long, I'm guessing they don't need to stay that long, right?

I've been hanging a grate on the bolts themselves when I needed to, but I would much rather have a hanger that held multiple grills and shorter bolts.

Is the spacing of the posts such that the grills can be hung from their side? (will the posts go between the grill rods)

I find it easy to lift the grill out, let the the left side down and hang it from the "side" of the grill - it can all be done from the front of the KK. Hanging the grill from it's "back" will likely require moving yourself to the side to hang it. (especially if it's hot)

Re: Side Accessory Plate Grill Hangers

Heylo Roland, I'm assuming you don't like them from an aesthetic point of view because from a utilitarian point of view they are great.. I just began including them in all KK's sold because I love mine sooo much.

I can stand in front of my grill, grab the HOT main grill and hang it on the left side of the KK without moving my feet.

Can't imagine a better way to do a reverse sear. We are playing with putting some kind of hanger under side tables too. Yes the rods hang on the outside rod of the grills, the grills usually do not touch the body..

I don't use the rack for storage but love it for a place to put a hot greasy grill..

I have a bunch now in ready stock CA..

Like always I don't even know if we did a costing for these..

;);)

Re: Side Accessory Plate Grill Hangers

Dennis, these are conceptionally great. However, what if you have side tables already mounted on the grill. Can you still have the hanging device and the side tables.

I find the need to use something like this when prepping my KK for a cook...such as loading new coals or cleaning up a bit. However, to hang on these for an extended period of time would not be ideal. I like the look of my KK without grills hanging from it. One of my biggest challenges has been what to do with the darn grills between cooks or when all are not needed. Once they are used a bit, they are dirty, greasy, and always put stains on the wall when i lean against them or on the ground/cement when i lay them down. My wife doesn't like either. I have searched the internet for such grill holders and have yet to find anything. The closest i have found are Wreath Hanger Stands that one would put out at your front door during the holidays and hang a wreath. While good for wreaths, i don't think they would withstand heavy grills, certain not 2 , or even 3 at one time.

Optimally, a detached grill hanger would be best. Perhaps even something on wheels, and throw in a few extra smaller hooks to hang basting tools, grill floss, salt and pepper shakers, and the like....and you would have a great thing. I saw a bbq device that could attach via a clamp to a table or KK side table, that had places to put tools, even a paper towel rack... If the upper portion were for accessories, the lower portion could hold up to 3 racks and it were on wheels...then you got a winner...

just a thought....