TheNakedWhiz

Ok, got a tracking number

Re: Ok, got a tracking number

J, sorry, I hacked back in, got it straightened out, then hacked your bank intending to steal all your money and the bank told me I owed THEM!!! Sheeeeeyit!

Anyway, the truck company website says it is in NC! Hoozah! I'll call tomorrow and see about arranging delivery.

Damn, foiled my evil plans again! And what...the bank....Obama said I was good on that...didn't have to pay it back? Damn again!

-=J

@Naked Whiz:

Observing your angst reminds me of my own impatient wait last summer. The same kind of response to awaiting the cookers' arrival is generated by virtually all buyers, it seems. It reminds me of when I was a kid awaiting Christmas morning. It seemed as if it never would arrive. BTW, although not a native Tarheel, I lived in NC for twenty-one adult years. The last four of those years was spent living in Garner, hard by Raleigh. I miss NC so much. Go by Parker's BBQ and Mayflower seafood restaurant for me, will ya? Enjoy your KK. Paswesley

Ok, now we have an appointment for Monday afternoon. Woo hoo, as they say!

The confusion lay in the fact that Road Runner was only taking the shipment as far as Charlotte, where they then hand it off to Wilson Trucking. The Road Runner site doesn't really show that, just multiple arrivals and unloadings in Charlotte. Anyway, Monday afternoon it is!

What would you do? Leave in the drive up against the house and covered with a tarp, so that you can unbolt the crate and lift it off, or, put it inside the garage, knowing you can't move the crate once the guy with the pallet jack leaves, and try to disassemble the crate in the garage?

I'm leaning towards inside the garage.

Update: well for better or worse, it's in the garage. We'll see what happens.

Well, I need 3 or 4 people to get it up some steps, so I will have to wait until Sunday, I fear. But my plan is to see if we can get it back out of the garage so we can unbolt the crate and lift if off. (The garage ceiling isn't high enough to lift the crate up and off the cooker.) Plan B, I think would be to take a skill saw and saw off the top of the crate so it is short enough that we can lift it off inside the garage. (I don't think I should try to tip it over on its side and slide the crate off sideways, LOL!)

I had a little of the same problem. I left the crate intact for the most part and then went to a piano shop and I asked if I could barrow or rent a piano mover from them. They asked me what I was going to move and I had a long explanation and in the end they sent over 3 guys and the mover and moved it for nothing. They just wanted to see the K.K. All went well and very easy.