casebeag

Rocket

fetch?id=68362fetch?id=68363fetch?id=68364fetch?id=68365 Well, she (my 4 year old) really named it 'Rocket Ship' based on it's looks, but we've just been calling it 'Rocket'. A surprise within a surprise: We gladly greeted the delivery truck yesterday after a long wait for our KK. We had decided on the 'Dark Autumn Nebula' tile color, and waited for the most recent shipment which was slated to have one this color. The truck arrived, and as the liftgate dropped, it was clear that the tiles looked like pebbles, not square tiles. Uh oh. Long story short...Dennis had sent the Olive pebble instead of the nebula. We liked the look of it, and...there it was in our driveway, and we had help on the way to get it into the backyard. Spoke with Dennis to ensure that somebody somewhere was not waiting for this particular KK, and decided to keep it. I had been in contact with 'slu' who lives about 30 minutes from here since joining the forum months ago. He's been incredibly helpful with advice. You can't believe how generous he was with his time and energy yesterday. He basically showed up with a truck full of wood and tools...anything we might have needed to get the KK down the 4 or 5 stairs into it's final resting place in the backyard. I hadn't even ever met him in person before yesterday. Great guy. Rocket's home now...he's at 400 degrees as we speak. Just shaking off the cobwebs. Tomorrow Rocket's going to make ribs.

Re: Rocket

Fired it on Friday. Yesterday cooked a single rack of spare ribs with two different rubs.

I filled the basket with a bag of hickory shag charcoal. Cooked yesterday for 5 hours, then shut it down. Pretty amazing how much charcoal is left this morning.

post-6980-139082391204_thumb.jpgIMG_0222.jpg[/attachment:amssludr]

IMG_0223.jpg[/attachment:amssludr]

post-7094-139082398111_thumb.jpg

post-7094-139082398115_thumb.jpg