talisker63

Christmas Pork

Re: Christmas Pork

Patron is OK, but there is better out there. Don Julio 1942, a little over $100./ bottle is superb. Don Julio Real, about $350. / bottle even more so. At these prices I drink about one bottle a year of the 1942, I try to get a few years out of the Real, only on an occasion when I can truly savor and enjoy the experience. For a go to tequila, Don Julio and Patron have some much more reasonably priced options.

If you want an awesome spirits glass, the smallest Reidel O is a true pleasure in hand and on the nose. Unlike a Glencairn, it is ultralight and delicate, feels fabulous in your hand. Sometimes I set one on the counter and just look at it!

http://www.amazon.com/Riedel-Spirit-Spi ... OTJVFQA0IN

Waterford Lismore Nouveau Stemless are not bad.

I tried the Balvenie Doublewood you were discussing the other day. Not bad at all, normally I drink MacCallan 12yr when I drink scotch. On very special occasion I'll have MacCalllan 17yr. There is just something nice about two figures of scotch with three ice cubes in a crystal glass while the KK gets to temp. Like is good.

Merry Christmas to the forum.

"Waterford Lismore Nouveau Stemless"

They look beautiful. I would like to lay a hand on them. Nice suggestion.

Here is a spirits trick for the golf course. Get a test tube, we use glass cigar tubes. Buy a cigar that comes in one, whether you want the cigar or not. Fill the tube about 3/4 full with your spirit of choice, and put on the cap or cork. Get a 12 ounce styrofoam cup from the diner or at the turn and fill with ice and water, put on the lid. Shove your finger in the straw hole to tear it a little and then push your glass tube through and down in to the ice water. Put that in your golf cart cup holder. You now have a spirits tube in an ice bath, that is spill and splash proof in the golf cart. This is an awesome system.

I have a set of the Reidel Scotch glasses - http://www.amazon.com/Riedel-Vinum-Single-Whiskey-Glasses/dp/B000MYFXG0/ref=sr_1_1?s=home-garden&ie=UTF8&qid=1356130170&sr=1-1&keywords=riedel+scotch

A bit pricier than Michael's stemless ones. But, I may have to pick up a set of the stemless after the holidays, as they do look really cool. 8)

I think Santa is bringing me three vintages of Pappy Van Winkle for Christmas (no it isn't Scotch' date=' and while I have many bottles, my KY heritage takes over during the holidays and I go for bourbon). I have yet to decide on what cut of meat will be worthy...[/quote']

Wow!

You don't hear too much about Pappy Van Winkle anymore as it is getting scarce!!!

Good score!