Ducaticraig

Tappecue - May be interesting?

What is Tappecue?

Tappecue is the future of thermometers used by the meat smoking hobbiests who need freedom from the smoke of their smokers. Unlike bluetooth and radio frequency devices that limit the distance you can roam, Tappecue offers no limitation through Wi-Fi enabled probes and a state-of-the-art mobile application, which provides users with freedom to work on home projects, get last minute supplies at the grocery store, or play a game of golf without worry. With Tappecue – You’ll always be one tap away from your barbecue!

$199 the Tappecue System comes with the device (pictured to the right), four 6' temperature probes, USB cord, 9V AC Power Supply, FREE mobile apps and FREE subscription to the Tappecue Cloud.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Re: Tappecue - May be interesting?

The temperature being off up to 5 degrees would be a deal killer for me.

I didn't see a way to adjust the temperature probe readings in the user manual, so not sure it is possible.

Interesting idea meant to play in the igrill space at a much lower per probe price point.

If the temp readings were more accurate, i could see using this in my home brewing setup where i have a need for at least three probes.

Re: Tappecue - May be interesting?

I drink very little beer' date=' but the best beer I ever drink is usually a home brew.[/quote']

Well, at least you didn't say "Dos Equis." :lol:

I find that many folks that like to cook, and are adventurous about it, are also home brewers. Similar traits - like to experiment with new flavors, enjoy the creativity, and sharing the end product with friends and family. My home brew club (Cedar Rapids Beer Nuts) has a BBQ page on our forum, where many of us share information about our BBQ adventures.