tony b

Cheap Alternative to Thermapens

If you are looking for a good digital thermometer, found this link posted in the BGE Forum. I just order one. Note  the 20% discount code (LAVSS914) only applies to the WHITE ones.

www.amazon.com/Fastest-Accurate-High-performance-Professional-Thermometer/dp/B00GRFHVSQ/

ps: I almost didn't post this because "copy/paste" (CTRL V) doesn't work in this damned software and I had to hand type out the URL. Trust me, I've tried all the buttons on the menu and NONE of them work, including the "link" one, which locks up my browser completely and I have to shut it down and restart it. ARRGGGGHHHH!

Thanks for the info tony b. I just ordered two of them for early xmas presents.

Strange, but I did not have a problem copying and pasting your link (directly from Amazon.com's site (see below).

I'm using Windows 7 on a PC, and Google Chrome, if that makes a difference

Your link - www.amazon.com/Fastest-Accurate-High-performance-Professional-Thermometer/dp/B00GRFHVSQ/

Link directly from amazon.com - http://www.amazon.com/Fastest-Accurate-High-performance-Professional-Thermometer/dp/B00GRFHVSQ/

Tony: Give it a try. I switched  from IE because I was constantly getting blasted with ads on IE and Chrome has a setting where you can block third party cookies which dramatically cuts that down. But I still can't post pictures on this forum with either IE or Chrome though I have no trouble with Ebay or any other site I've tried to upload pictures to. And thanks for going through the trouble to manually post the link this thermometer. I feel your pain. I check in here every day to see what is going on but not being able to post pictures of my cooks takes a lot of the fun out of the forum. 

I’m adding this picture of the 23†Ultimate that’s on its way to me as a test. Seems to work fine.

post-1821-0-54487300-1410184352_thumb.jp

Here are the steps that I used:

1. First, click on the “More Reply Options†button at the lower right corner of the “Reply to this topic†box. The “Reply to this topic†box is quick and easy, but you can’t easily add a picture from it.

2. Under “Attach Filesâ€, click the “Choose File†button. This will bring up a box where you can choose a photo from your computer to upload. Once you select your picture, click the “Choose†button.

3. Here’s where it gets a little tricky. Even though you’ve chosen your picture, you haven’t really uploaded it yet. Now you have to click the “Attach This File†button to put the picture into your post.

4. And you’re still not done yet. A little box will appear above the “Attach Files†area with a thumbnail of your picture. To the right it will say “Add to Postâ€. Click on that and something like 

[attachment=2172:23-ultimate-olive-and-gold-pebble-b-4870h-e-1408344600.jpg]

will show up in the text box where you type. This is the code for the picture so it shows up nicely in the middle of the text.

Hope this makes sense, and is of some help.

Tony: Give it a try. I switched  from IE because I was constantly getting blasted with ads on IE and Chrome has a setting where you can block third party cookies which dramatically cuts that down. But I still can't post pictures on this forum with either IE or Chrome though I have no trouble with Ebay or any other site I've tried to upload pictures to. And thanks for going through the trouble to manually post the link this thermometer. I feel your pain. I check in here every day to see what is going on but not being able to post pictures of my cooks takes a lot of the fun out of the forum. 

This is my test message with Chrome. One thing is already "fixed" and that's the quote button!  Now let's try to paste in a web link. 

http://www.amazon.com/Fastest-Accurate-High-performance-Professional-Thermometer/dp/B00GRFHVSQ/

OMG! Cntr V now works, too!! Woo, hoo!!

I was able to post pics before, but just want to make sure nothing went FUBAR on me. 

post-975-0-92193200-1410191482_thumb.jpg

HURRAY, HURRAY, HURRAY!!!   :love4: 

I get to the point where I click the choose files next to the paper clip which brings me to my pictures library, I select the picture and click Open. There is a blue bar that starts to fill which I assume is this site uploading the picture. But as soon as the blue bar fills up my computer screen freezes. Then I can't move my mouse or negotiate the page in any fashion. Then a message box pops up on the screen telling me the page has become unresponsive and I can either wait for it to become responsive or kill it and I have a choice to click the wait box or the kill box. If I wait long enough, my mouse will come back but it won't work anything on the page. And at the very bottom left corner or my screen, my computer is saying waiting for komodokamado. 

then I have to close the site completely and come back in. On some occasions I've even had to reboot the computer. This same thing happens with all 5 computers in my house with both Chrome and IE and with the basic uploader ad advanced uploader. I use a Canon Power Shot point and shoot type digital camera that takes jpg pictures.  My husband is cleaning out the attic and basement ad has sold some items on Ebay. I have had no problem with uploading any pictures to Ebay for those sales with the same camera and  same computers. And I had no problem with posting pictures on the old Komodo Kamado site. I'm going to duplicate this post in the posting pictures topic in case Dennis or his tech people want to try to fix it. Maybe I'll try to see if my Flash 9 is OK since its says the uploader requires Flash 9 though its hard to imagine I would be having a Flash 9 issue on so many different computers. 

Update: I reinstalled the Flash player and no change. 

I think I figured out the issue. It may be that the photos that you are uploading are too big for the KK forum to handle.

I don’t have any insight into how eBay works, but I’m sure that eBay has good software on their end that can accept a large picture and scale it down for displaying in an auction listing. The fact that you can upload photos to eBay, but not to the KK forum regardless of which computer you use indicates that it’s not a problem on your end.

I just did an experiment. I tried to upload a full resolution picture off of my camera that was 5.6 MB and 4896 x 3264 pixels big. I tried both the advanced uploader and the basic uploader, and neither one worked. I’m using a Mac. I then took my photo and downsized it to 1200 x 800 pixels, which brought it down to 0.46 MB (461 KB), and it uploaded without problems. You don’t say what kind of camera you have, but I bet the photos you have are at least 2-3 MB.

Try taking one of your photos, make a copy of it, and use your computer to downsize the resolution of the copy of your photo so that the photo is about 0.5 MB (500KB). Someone else will have to guide you through that process, since I don’t use Windows. But I’m sure there’s a utility program that came with your computer that will be able to do this. Then try to upload the smaller picture and see if that works.

I've never had a size issue (pun intended) with uploading pictures, but you might be on to something. I tried a "full size" at about 5 MB (and it was taken by Susan's camera, too) and got the same "stall" that Susan got (had to "kill page" to get back). I then tried the same picture that was downsized to 1.5 MB and the same thing happened. 

But, when I try a 2.5 MB pic from my library (biggest one I could find), works just fine. So, Susan, it's something about your camera that seems to be the central problem with your pictures. 

post-975-0-22829100-1410282289_thumb.jpg

But, when I try a 2.5 MB pic from my library (biggest one I could find), works just fine. So, Susan, it's something about your camera that seems to be the central problem with your pictures. 

attachicon.gifAnova Sous Vide.JPG

Tony, by “my library†do you mean directly from your computer? The picture you’re posting is 106 KB, not 2.5 MB. Maybe you could double check the size of the picture on your computer.

I am quite sure of the original picture size, as I was going through my picture library to find the biggest picture file I could find.

The forum software downsizes them to make the thumbnails. Which makes Susan's problem all the more interesting/puzzling since the software claims to be able to handle files up to 64MB.

attachicon.gif004 (1024x768).jpgTest making the picture smaller

Yeah - it worked!!!! Thanks a million!! I used to do this with the other forum but thought we didn't have to do it anymore. I'm soooo happy now!! 

Right on! And given the look of the food you cooked in that picture, I’m going to be looking forward to more pictures from you. ^_^

Right on! And given the look of the food you cooked in that picture, I’m going to be looking forward to more pictures from you. ^_^

Yeah, Susan can cook! Nice Wellington!

Great that this worked for you, Susan, but still doesn't completely explain the mystery of those pork shoulder pics of yours that won't load even at 0.6 MB?  :dontknow: