mguerra

Hoisin Chicken

I have previously extolled the virtues of boneless, skinless chicken thighs and I will reiterate that, they are great on the grill. Here is another version. I took a pack of them, used poultry shears to remove as much of the fat as practical, and marinaded them. The marinade was a little champagne vinegar, a healthy dollop of hoisin sauce, and a bit of soy sauce. As an aside, whenever you use soy sauce in your marinade, reduce the amount of soy sauce as your marinade time increases. The longer it goes, the saltier it gets. Be discreet, experiment with your quantities. Some places marinade their chicken for days or weeks, I just did these for about two hours.  Then I added a whopping dose of Special Shit rub. I pulled them off exactly at 165, so they were not dried out. Well, they came out super tasty with that Asian hoisin flair. No smokewood on this cook. My wife was well pleased with the unique and different taste. When you want a quick cook and something different, hoisin sauce on boneless, skinless chicken thighs is worth a try.,

• Like 1

Thread inspired me to do some Asian cooking tonight to use up some leftovers from weekend grilling. 

Used up the roasted chicken to make some Tom Yum Kha soup.

A big chunk of the roasted pork roast wrapped in bacon became pork in Szechuan black bean sauce.

美食帶來的快樂 (Měishí dài lái de kuàilè)

(Food brings Happiness)