aiden

Flooring options...

Hey everyone! I'm currently waiting for delivery of my new 21" model, and was curious about what kind of flooring you have put this on? I know most people put these outside on a wood deck, which seems ideal, but in my instance I'm putting this on an outcropping from my concrete driveway. I don't want to needlessly scrape up the wheels on the rough surface, so I was curious what you thought I might want to put as an alternate surface instead. Plywood is an obvious choice, but it's so ugly. And anything untreated isn't going to last long in the weather. Any ideas?

Interestingly enough, I have a BGE, and I never once have given a thought to wheeling that thing around on the concrete. I guess your priorities change a little when you're spending this much money. :P

Aiden - welcome to the KK family! Your wheels will be just fine on concrete. I've moved my KK BB 32", a very heavy KK, several times on concrete and the wheels are just like the day my KK rolled onto the patio. You'll soon learn your KK is really over engineered and just about bullet proof.

Ignore the inferior POSK #7 in this photo... When we lived in the USA, this was a purpose built area for my cooker. Just used these simple pavers that you can pick up at any of the big warehouse type hardware stores. I put them down on a bed of pea gravel and it was all boxed in with some landscaping timber to keep things from shifting around... Just an idea.

post-522-0-41368500-1435453720_thumb.jpg

• Like 1