bryan

Go to recipes

Not to toot my own horn, but  I did make  a video and it is posted here on Komodo site in Videos.   Here is  a link:  http://komodokamadoforum.com/topic/4233-crispy-baked-chicken-thighs-video/      This  was  my version of  Crispy "Fried" Chicken.      Of course,  I am cooking on the  Komodo.      The  video on this thread  says cooking it in an oven.  Is probably fine I am sure,  but  mine was done on Komodo.

It  really is  an  easy  "go to  cook" for me.     It is great every time,  I get to cook on Komodo,  it is my dads  favorite  Komodo cook  and  I love taking him food for  dinner, and I get to use a big ass burner....

Give it  a  try.

MadMedik

Sorry to offend. My point was to show a good recipe source site. Most oven recipes work on a KK?

We have been using our KK for almost all oven uses. My wife gets a kick out of the fact that everything gets walked outside. Now if I could just figure out how to get the KK to replace the microwave and toaster...

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

I took that concept to the extreme. When I had my kitchen remodeled, I did not have a conventional stove installed, just a cooktop - no oven, as just about anything that I would have done in an oven, I was doing on the KK. I did have a combo microwave/convection oven (GE Advantium) installed above the cooktop. Didn't like the way that it baked, so I bought a counter-top, brick-lined, convection oven (Cuisinart), that I use for most baking things. Oh, and I still have a toaster. Worked out just fine for me, YMMV. 

• Like 1

Toaster makes great grilled cheese sandwiches. Lay it on its side and slide them in.

Funny you should mention grilled cheese. We were at a Dizzy Fest a few weeks ago and, among other things, I picked up another Chris Lilly cookbook. This past weekend we made a grilled cheese on the KK using his recipe - out of this world. And although we were surrounded by Big Green Eggs Dizzy Fest was a lot of fun as well.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Standard ovens are SOOOOO overrated! I put the space to better use in my kitchen remodel. I have 2 pot rack drawers underneath my cooktop. Top one for the cast iron pans, the bigger bottom drawer is for my stock pots and lids. And now it's the home for the Anova, too. I have a big custom made pot rack in the corner for my "every day" pots and pans. It's good to have blacksmiths nearby! They also made my grilling table on the deck. 

post-975-0-92634900-1435859318_thumb.jpg