bosco

Grabbed a shop vac for my new KKs

I basically use a plastic juice jug that I cut open on the bottom as my dust pan and use an old paint brush to push the ashes into the jug. While it works, it's not very efficient. So, I scored the shop vac. Should arrive tomorrow. Grill needs a good clean out, so we'll give it a test drive and report back. 

Shop vac arrived yesterday on schedule. However, it's raining today, so not a good time to test drive it on the KK. Forecast for the rest of the weekend is better, so I'll likely test drive the vac tomorrow afternoon. 

Thanks for the tip, Cookie. One of the nice things about this particular vac is that it's designed to handle warm coals, too. Not that I plan to test it out intentionally; just a nice "safety net" feature.

• Like 1

Took it for a test drive yesterday. Worked great. Surprisingly quiet. Only complaint is that the hose, including the metal nozzle extension, is about 4 inches too short. The canister wanted to tip on its side when I was reaching in from the top and trying to get into the back of the firebox. But, it's very light, so holding it by the handle while vacuuming out the KK was no big deal. I could have used one of the plastic hose extensions, too, which would have been plenty of slack. Will likely go that route next time.