ThreeDJ16

How about a Rib Rack Rotisserie?

I was thinking it would be cool to have a rotisserie attachment just for ribs. This is just a rough sketch (as I suck at drawing), but it gives the general idea. There of course would have to be an additional side to hold the ribs in. This might also be able to be expanded from a 4 rack into at least a 6 rack. Oh yeah, this would be made to work with existing rotisserie equipment.

Anyway, here it is.

ribrack2mediumfm2.jpg

I know Dennis has a lot going on right now, man can you believe all the shipments going out! But maybe when time arises, this might be an idea he can think about - we can at least wish!

The AC/DC motor is good for 30lbs. The AC motor is good for 50lbs.

True, and also the balance of the rotisserie would play and important part. If the rotis is balanced, then the torque needed to rotate would be negligible. So I do not think you would have to worry about 50 lbs of ribs on it.

-=Jasen=-

In the past I've skinned a few granny smith apples and placed them in a row. I then place 3 racks of ribs around the apples (making a triangular "rib log") which can be secured via butchers twine or the rotis. hold downs. This adds some extra apple flavor and works pretty well (IMO). At any rate it should hold you over until the rib-tiserie is completed :-)

D_J,

I don't have a kk so I'm handicapped in this discussion. But then again, neither do you. You reckon there's enough vertical clearance for this contraption of yours? How about with a heat deflector/drip pan? Figuring that some ribs go 8 or so inches... seems like it might be a tough fit. Maybe you've just designed the perfect babyback rotisserie! Or maybe you're gonna have to purchase a #9 mexi-K!

Also, I'm not sure what the perceived benefit is.

Not trying to be argumentative (well this time).

D_J,

I don't have a kk so I'm handicapped in this discussion. But then again, neither do you. You reckon there's enough vertical clearance for this contraption of yours? How about with a heat deflector/drip pan? Figuring that some ribs go 8 or so inches... seems like it might be a tough fit. Maybe you've just designed the perfect babyback rotisserie! Or maybe you're gonna have to purchase a #9 mexi-K!

Also, I'm not sure what the perceived benefit is.

Not trying to be argumentative (well this time).

Well this was my thoughts on it:

Looking at this pic - viewtopic.php?t=743 - this is the 6" cradle in the OBT and we also know an 8" cradle fits. While my pic was obvious crude, there really would not be the large gap from the center post to the cage which would shorten the rib rotis girth. This thing would not really be made for entire racks of spare ribs, but rather St. Louis cut. The cage does not have to go all the way to each side wall as I have not seen too many 25" racks of trimmed ribs. Not a clue on the bottom rack, but the heat deflector sits on the charcoal basket so I would think that would fit. But the whole purpose for me with this thing is I like direct cook ribs which have to be turned, and I am lazy. Anyway, I was bored at work and wanted to draw up something - hehe. Who knows, maybe someday someone will make it!

I am designing out my vegetable insert for the EZQue cradle now!

-=Jasen=-

I was thinking something very simple for this. Similar to like a cricket basket, except all stainless and it simply slips into the EZQue cradle. I have not quite worked out a door, but I think staying simple here and just using a push-on cap would be the best too. I have the SS mesh for the basket, I just have not come up with the caps, but I am thinking some cheap SS canister lids will work. Course, I need the cradle from EZQue too. Man, I am gonna have so many damn accessories for my KK I will not know what I want to cook! If I cannot talk anyone into making a rib rotisserie, I might end up making that one myself.

-=Jasen=-

Re: Gas/Propane Hardware Supplies

Drunk J - just in case your looking for a supply place to get regulators etc. try www.agrisupply.com They are great to work with and have super pricing.

John

I appreciate the info as it was a pain finding the regulator I wanted, but I did find one locally already. I wanted an adjustable low pressure range (5"-15"WC) and that was like asking for gold plating or something. Adjustable higher pressure ranges were a dime a dozen, but I lucked up and walked into the parts room with the guy (who had just told me no we do not carry them) and saw one laying on the shelf (sad part was he did not even know it was adjustable as there is a cap over the adjustment screw - and this was at a LP gas store).

-=Jasen=-