leejp

I've got apples coming out of my ears...

We have a TON of apples left from apple picking a couple of weeks back... They are getting soft and in another week will practically be cider.

Now... I'm looking at the bushel of apples and I'm looking at my cooker and thinking.... What if I placed these apples in with the lump/smoke wood? They would cook/steam and eventually smoke. Would it add any/different flavor to the meat? Hmmmm.....

Re: I've got apples coming out of my ears...

We have a TON of apples left from apple picking a couple of weeks back... They are getting soft and in another week will practically be cider.

Now... I'm looking at the bushel of apples and I'm looking at my cooker and thinking.... What if I placed these apples in with the lump/smoke wood? They would cook/steam and eventually smoke. Would it add any/different flavor to the meat? Hmmmm.....

Hmmmm, don't have a clue. I'd juice em though...I've got a Green Power juicer and them and carrots tastes pretty good.

sounds like a trial run is in order!

I suspect that you would get more of a steam, with the smell of burnt sugar than smoke, but give it a shot, You might be onto something. I always wonder how many plants our ancestors had to smoke before they found a few that they liked. :)

If you cant cook with them, then you can use the KK to make a pot of apple butter. Just thinking about the smell of apple butter cooking over a wood fire has me hungry!

sounds like a trial run is in order!

I suspect that you would get more of a steam, with the smell of burnt sugar than smoke, but give it a shot, You might be onto something. I always wonder how many plants our ancestors had to smoke before they found a few that they liked. :)

If you cant cook with them, then you can use the KK to make a pot of apple butter. Just thinking about the smell of apple butter cooking over a wood fire has me hungry!

Yeah, I love that stuff too...been ages since I've had any though. I need to go out and buy some :D

Now, put up that Apple Butter recipe please :D