twharton

First Cook In Gulf Breeze - Phase 2 - Part 1 & Part 2

Part 2 - Here They Are Around 8:30 P.M. Later That Day

....errrr what's left. Remember I started w/ 3 but Wife and Daughter #2 dug in with me. Actually being hyper critical of my cooking I didn't think they were great until I realized that rubbing them down and slaping them on the grill is something I have never done. The family loved them but if I had let them sleep overnight with that rub well then perfection would have been mine.

Here are 2/3 of them done and what their fate has been for now.

Thanks Dennis!

PC010004.jpg

PC010007.jpg

They are even better the second time. Just a couple minutes in the foodsaver bag in the microwave and the majic is back :D

One of my friends that used to own a restaurant showed me a nice tip on reheating meats in the microwave (which was something I was totally against). What you are doing Curly is very similar which works good. But he laid the meats out on a plate and covered them with a wet towel or wet paper towel and barely cooks them just till they are hot and not a second more as then they start to dry out.

Hmm, might make a nice tip for the technique section?

-=Jasen=-

I thought that heating the bag in boiling water was the preferred method? Realizing that you have to work with what you have on hand, especially if you are taking it to the office for lunch :wink:

Any of you care to make a recommendation as to which foodsaver model to get? Is there any functional difference, anything to watch out for? I think i should get one.

I thought that heating the bag in boiling water was the preferred method? Realizing that you have to work with what you have on hand, especially if you are taking it to the office for lunch :wink:

Any of you care to make a recommendation as to which foodsaver model to get? Is there any functional difference, anything to watch out for? I think i should get one.

If I had a choice, boiling it in the bag would be preferred over microwave. But I imagine the microwave would not be too different, but you do have to make sure the bag is vented in the microwave.

I just got a foodsaver last week and love it already. Sam's has a really nice deal; the V2480 (newest model), 2 rolls of bags, 2 vacuum canisters and the mason jar sealer all for $118 ( http://www.samsclub.com/shopping/naviga ... tem=165481 ). It might not be up to commercial model standards, but for $118 I can handle it and think it does a great job! Now I gotta get that marinade container next!

-=Jasen=-

I reheat a lot of different things in the micowave and never vent the bag. Usually about 2 minutes and the bag starts the swell...that means it's perfect. Of course, if you forget, the bag will vent itself, which doesn't hurt anything. I used to boil everything too, but at work couldn't and found out there was no discernable difference.

I'm not sure what all of the differences are on the different foodsaver models, but get one that has a bag cutter, that comes in very handy for straight cuts, especially when you are doing a lot of bags.

If I had a choice, boiling it in the bag would be preferred over microwave.

-=Jasen=-

I agree, I try to never put any plastic in the microwave, something about hot plastic next to my food give me the heebie jeebies. It may be another few decades, but I'd bet we'll find out it's not good fer ya, and I know we're all health nuts, right? :lol::lol:

If I had a choice, boiling it in the bag would be preferred over microwave.

-=Jasen=-

I agree, I try to never put any plastic in the microwave, something about hot plastic next to my food give me the heebie jeebies. It may be another few decades, but I'd bet we'll find out it's not good fer ya, and I know we're all health nuts, right? :lol::lol:

Oh Lordy, you sound like my wife. :shock:

But...doesn't boiling the bag get it hot too...dohhhh :shock:

You allow her to speak? :smt018

It does, but I don't let is boil and it doesn't get any 'hot spots' like you do in a m'wave. I have seen plastic melted on food in one spot and the food is still cold (except near the melted spot) :smt017

You allow her to speak? :smt018

It does, but I don't let is boil and it doesn't get any 'hot spots' like you do in a m'wave. I have seen plastic melted on food in one spot and the food is still cold (except near the melted spot) :smt017

The instructions that came with my food saver tell you not to use any food saver bags with oily items in the microwave as they tend to melt the plastic. Hell that would mean Curly cannot put nuttin' in the microwave? :shock:

-=Jasen=-

Wine-O-Yeah-Baby

...glass of white wine

http://161.58.5.90/austin/yeahbaby.wav

But of course you do! It's me. Either that or beer.

That was the end of a split of Muscat my neighbor brought me. I normally don't like sweet wines like reislings but this was quite good. I like a good chardonnay (Lots of Kendall Jackson Reserve but the best is Carneros Creek but its hard to find and @ $22 / bottle I only buy it about once a year.

I usually drink reds but not that night.

Re: Funny

That's funnyashell. Try Cartledge & Brown or Wente (good low cost chardonnays). I like reds better myself too.

Well I used to drink some wine back in the day...never got past Double-Barrel or MD 20-20 really though. The flat bottles were a big plus cause once we got really drunk and ran outta money they would fit down our pants a lot easier in the store so we could escape without paying. That was really the main criteria in our wine tasting club :shock: We never really looked at what color it was.

I once went out with this really uppidy girl that had me drinking Boonesfarm though. That sounded like really girly wine to me at the time...but a couple quarts and you would be clobbered.

I never had any of that boxed wine I hear you can get at Krogers but I heard it was pretty tasty.

I know, I know, ya'll prolly never really took me for a wine conasuer did ya :roll:

Yep, if I hadn't quit drinking I'd prolly be curly up in an alley right now with a flat bottle of something in my britches :oops:

Wine - That's funnyashell.

I remember when I was asked to an invitation only, coat and tie wine and cheese rush party (1979) so I put my khaki's and navy blue blazer on and guess what....they had beau coup cases of MD 2020 and government surplus cheese!

It was a great party and no I did not pledge but what a goof!