Sanny

Nuthing in particular, just stuff

Ok, now this is getting worrisome. Snooky has asked if I could make room for him at my house for a while between when he gives up the local apartment and moves to Rochester. That's all smoochy, and all, but my "clutter" makes snooks nutty. That means I have to tidy and throw things out and put away. And the second bedroom (known also as the home of lost toys) hasn't been habitable since 1993. Not a chance that's opening up. 900 square feet of ME and MINE (ok, and Gramma's, since it used to be her house, and I've not completely cleaned out her stuff in only 14 years), and I have to make room. Not that I don't want him there - don't mistake me. It's all delightful. But my mother (Queen of Clutter - I come by it naturally) said, "Horrors!" Not about his moving in, but about my having to clean. She feels my pain. She suffers complete paralysis if a family member says he/she is coming to visit her for a few days. I think she'd almost prefer the end of the world.

Yesterday I made invisible progress. I cleaned out four junk drawers in the kitchen. You know the ones - they have the extra screws and picture hanging thingies, and the manuals for the kitchen appliances that we threw out in 1995, and the twist ties from the Dawn of Time, and rubber bands that disintegrate on contact. I got 1.5 tall kitchen bags of stuff out of them!

I figure if I start with the innards of the clutter, there will be a place to stash the "visible" stuff. Horrors...

Snooks suggested I hire a professional organizer. I'm thinkin Vinny "the Torch" and Antny "hot fingers" would be more helpful.

Ok, now this is getting worrisome. Snooky has asked if I could make room for him at my house for a while between when he gives up the local apartment and moves to Rochester. That's all smoochy, and all, but my "clutter" makes snooks nutty. That means I have to tidy and throw things out and put away. And the second bedroom (known also as the home of lost toys) hasn't been habitable since 1993. Not a chance that's opening up. 900 square feet of ME and MINE (ok, and Gramma's, since it used to be her house, and I've not completely cleaned out her stuff in only 14 years), and I have to make room. Not that I don't want him there - don't mistake me. It's all delightful. But my mother (Queen of Clutter - I come by it naturally) said, "Horrors!" Not about his moving in, but about my having to clean. She feels my pain. She suffers complete paralysis if a family member says he/she is coming to visit her for a few days. I think she'd almost prefer the end of the world.

Yesterday I made invisible progress. I cleaned out four junk drawers in the kitchen. You know the ones - they have the extra screws and picture hanging thingies, and the manuals for the kitchen appliances that we threw out in 1995, and the twist ties from the Dawn of Time, and rubber bands that disintegrate on contact. I got 1.5 tall kitchen bags of stuff out of them!

I figure if I start with the innards of the clutter, there will be a place to stash the "visible" stuff. Horrors...

Snooks suggested I hire a professional organizer. I'm thinkin Vinny "the Torch" and Antny "hot fingers" would be more helpful.

This dude is just starting to get on my nerves. :roll:

Are you sure he's worth all this hassle?

Oh, Curly, you're so sweet. :* He's worth it, I think. Just I hate cleaning and tidying. House doesn't have grubby dirt, just clutter. And I'd be happy if it were tidy, too. An uncluttered house is more restful. Just I hate doing it. :( It's a good exercise, I suppose.

Problem is, it's an old house with limited closets. So everything has to have a place to live, or else it has to go.

Friend has a practical suggestion. She says find out his intentions. Is he gonna move on in Rochester, and wave Sanny g'bye? If so, no cleaning!! If he's gonna try to make it work long distance, then some tidying is ok. lol

Oh, Curly, you're so sweet. :* He's worth it, I think. Just I hate cleaning and tidying. House doesn't have grubby dirt, just clutter. And I'd be happy if it were tidy, too. An uncluttered house is more restful. Just I hate doing it. :( It's a good exercise, I suppose.

Problem is, it's an old house with limited closets. So everything has to have a place to live, or else it has to go.

Friend has a practical suggestion. She says find out his intentions. Is he gonna move on in Rochester, and wave Sanny g'bye? If so, no cleaning!! If he's gonna try to make it work long distance, then some tidying is ok. lol

Does the dude have any handy skills....like building drawers, and shelving and putting up stuff to help you organize? Or does he just lay around and eat all your groceries. My cousin is still available...and he'll be out in 3 mths or so. :shock:

Does the dude have any handy skills....like building drawers' date=' and shelving and putting up stuff to help you organize? Or does he just lay around and eat all your groceries. My cousin is still available...and he'll be out in 3 mths or so. :shock:[/quote']lol. Snooks doesn't have much in the way of "build it" skills. And I asked him to help me with the tidying, but he (perhaps correctly) suggested it might be contentious. And, he's right that I might get territorial about my clutter. So, I suggested he help fold Mt. Laundry that's on the dryer. We can prolly be trusted not to do battle over that. ;) He doesn't just sit and eat groceries. He will buy groceries, and even cook.

Hey, in 3 months, Snooks will be in Rochester. Maybe Cuz should look me up, if he's good at organizing and building. ;) I got Q, after all!

good luck cleaning up. if things with the male nurse don't work out, i'm SURE you won't have much down time before one of the single young men from this site look you up in great haste! whatshisname had risen several notches in my estimation of him upon the revelation that he was in fact, a meat-eater (all male nurse jokes aside).

but now, with this "cleaning" flaw in his personality revealed... well, i just don't know. put a few pounds on him and maybe he'll settle down some! i did!

curly' date=' if your jabs made any sense, i might feel like retorting. and i'm NOT a librarian! you take that back![/quote']

I was just playing off another thread somewhere's where you were defending yourself against the librarin thing...dang man, I get no respect around here :shock:

y'know, i JUST got the joke... duh. nurses and librarians are typically considered female-dominated (heh) fields of endevor. didn't make that connection til just now. :smt102

what's funnier, a male nurse, or a male librarian taking shots at a male nurse? time for a slap-fight i guess :lol:

6 hours one way..

My brother and his wife used to work sixy hours a week and then drive ten hours to see each other just about every weekend back when they were dating. They traded turns on who would drive to who.

If he don't automatically travel your direction, and gives you some excuse like "I have to study too much to travel", then you let him know that your trips might be delayed occasionally since your cooker means too much to you to leave it alone very often! :smt109

...BTW' date=' Sanny, would it have been better if he accepted the offer, and moved to the land of frozen Buffalo? (Talk about thermal shock...your mexi-K wouldnt stand a chance! :P )[/quote']No no. Rochester is better than the Frozen West. Closer to Buffalo than to buffalo. And, ultimately, closer to me and my dog. 6 hour drive after work for a long weekend beats all day in planes and airports, and a $500 plane ticket. With or without an Indonesian ceramic cooker. :)