Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
Pequod

Porter Road?

@tony b - you’ve used Porter Road and seem pleased. Anyone else tried them? Lots of folks at Amazing Ribs like their meats. Have wanted to try them, but can’t find a definition on their website of what they call “pastured”. In their process description it sounds like organic grain fed and finished, but they don’t say for sure. I hesitate to pay premium prices for what may just be “Safeway” grade products.

In short, what makes Porter Road special, and what cuts have you tried and liked?

Oh and post a discount code if you have one you can share.

Edited by Pequod

Wait...think I found it buried in their FAQ: it's essentially grass fed/grain finished. 

Still wouldn't mind hearing what y'all have tried and a discount code if you have one to share. I notice they seem to have a pretty decent selection of lamb.

• Like 1

I've tried the Bavette and Pichana. Both were excellent. I have beef short ribs in the freezer that I haven't gotten to yet. 

Heads up - they have a tendency to run out of the more interesting cuts. 

I don't currently have any discounts. I get at least 2 emails from them every week. 

• Like 1

Got a coupon for 20% off all chicken. So...ordered a gaggle (herd? pack? What do you call a pile o' chooks?) of chicken bits. With the 20% and free shipping, cheaper than my farmers market chooks.

• Like 1

So far so good with Porter Road. Half of order arrived fresh, not frozen, including two packs of chicken thighs. Opened them today and surprised to find that they were already very nicely trimmed. Into a marinade with ingredients for Baharat Spiced Chicken overnight, to be cooked tomorrow.

• Like 1

Having devoured multiple Porter Road chicken products, I think they are definitely a winner. Chicken pieces are all meaty and very well trimmed. Very reasonable option for online fowl. Now I’ll have to try some cow or pig. But great so far.

I added some wings to my last order, so I'm eager to try their chicken. 

Have to say that I've fallen in love with their Bavette steaks. I got a 2nd Denver steak to try as well. I did like the 1st one. 

Plan for Sunday is their beef ribs. 

• Like 2