Curly

Ribeyes, chilled shrimp, bread

Tonight I cooked a couple of the ribeyes I cut from the whole ribeye I bought a week or so ago. We also had some chilled shrimp a salad and a loaf of bread. The bread was a frozen loaf from the grocery store, the 2nd time I've done bread on the KK. I probably took it off 2 minutes early or cut it before I should have (or both) cause it was a bit doughy. But even doughy bread when it's hot and slathered with butter...is darn good.

Then, while eating on the too early bread and shrimp, I left the steaks on a tad long and they were definately more done than I like them. But I told the wife they'd probably be just right for her. But the wife is coming around. She used to always want all of her meat burnt, but over the years as we'd eat, I'd give her a taste of my medium rare and she'd ALWAYS say it was better than hers, yet always want her's well-done when we cooked or ordered at a restarant. So I asked her if she liked it this way and she said not as good as usual, it's a tad too done, I like them more rare. Yeehaw.

100_1748.jpg

100_1751.jpg

100_1753.jpg

100_1752.jpg

Those are some good looking vittles, Curly.

The only thing missing is some flavor on those shrimp. Check the recipe on the side of your old bay can and give that a try, or even better, add a beer to the recipe on the Old Bay can.

Those shrimp are really good with nothing but cocktail sauce :D