PaulR

AAARRGGH

After much deliberation I have decided to post... :?

Yes this was filmed 3 weeks before my KK arrived (don't ask couldn't be helped).... I have asked the producer to do a special on BBQ's down-under so there is still a chance I can get a KK on Aussie television.

Anyway on a gasser W :eek: :

http://video.sbs.com.au/player/food_pla ... &mmid=1902

It's not such a bad video

Nope, not at all! I saved the link, for the other exotic recipes.

It's not the video that's shameful (ok, except the cooing about tender meat), but the prominent placement of a gasser. However, Paul has explained that the KK star of the show was not available yet, so the understudy went on, instead. And he DID seem properly repentant. :wink:

I will feature a KK on NBC Chicago for a 3 to 5 minute spot May 24th at 9:00 A.M., or so, and with permission from NBC, have a link to the spot, or post the video on youtube. This is going to be the first of many I plan to do on ABC and NBC. Trying like Hell to get on Ivillage here as well. Also WGN so my Mom can see me in Iowa. I just got bumped from the May 3rd spot, the darned Ellen show is being taped -how dare they! I didn't even get tickets for the show! I was thinking about showing some of our kabobs,before and after, maybe a pre Q'd pork butt, and some ribs. Gonna show how easy it is to shred the meat on the air! ( The crew loves us!) Now just have to make sure the cooker is all waxed up like Dennis's!

By the way, very nice video productions Paul. I doubt what I'll be doing will be of the quality of your work. Just getting started in this field, and my publicist is workin' her tail off for me! Pretty tough to get a break in that biz unless you know someone, and the networks purge their staff on a seemingly regular basis!

Sounds like you need an agent....If you need some 'stand-in' hands, Syzygies might be available....but i think he is union. :eek::D

Sure I could use an agent( I can sing too) gotta go on an extreme diet or wear baggy clothes for the small screen! It truly puts on the pounds on air--especially next to the ultra thin talent I'm usually next to.

Sounds like you need an agent....If you need some 'stand-in' hands' date=' Syzygies might be available....but i think he is union. :eek::D[/quote']

Sure I could use an agent( I can sing too) gotta go on an extreme diet or wear baggy clothes for the small screen! It truly puts on the pounds on air--especially next to the ultra thin talent I'm usually next to.

Reminds me of a funny scene from FRIENDS when Monica tried to rationalize an unflattering photo of her as a teenager by saying the camera added 10 lbs. Chandler responded with: How many cameras were on you?

By the way' date=' very nice video productions Paul. I doubt what I'll be doing will be of the quality of your work. Just getting started in this field, and my publicist is workin' her tail off for me! Pretty tough to get a break in that biz unless you know someone, and the networks purge their staff on a seemingly regular basis![/quote']

We have 5 (count them five :eek: ) TV networks in Oz (obviously not counting station you can get on Cable/Fox) and this food program is telecast by one of them. I was surprised that they stayed at our place for approx 5 hours and used about 2 minutes (takes a while or I don't have any good sides?)

The lady who presents (her partner/boyfriend produces) is a good friend of a good friend of my wife.

Since my background is Dutch-Indonesian they asked me to help them in doing a small BBQ-ed Sateh segment on one of their shows...

I have been nudging them to do a special on BBQing in Oz and obviously the only BBQ I'ld be showing would be my KK Aussie Blue (what with importing my KK and their schedule I missed using the KK by about 3 weeks!! :cry: .

I'd love to tr your marinade' date=' maybe this weekend. Uhh, what was that rather dark looking liquid? looked like soy sauce but you called it something else. I might have a difficult time finding some of the ingredients![/quote']

It's soy sauce (actually it's sweet soy sauce; kecap manis) you're local asian shop should have it. This stuff is a lot thicker unlike the regular soy sauce which poors like water...