cruzmisl

Tri tip

Details Please!!!

So you seared it at what temp and for how long on each side?

What did it weigh?

What temp did you reduce it to and for how long to get it to 125 inside?

All I ever do in prep to sear is coat in olive oil and gind salt and pepper on both sides. I'm still using my weber but my terra cotta Supremo is arrving early Dec. right Dennis?

twharton

Gulf Breeze, Fl

i second cruzmisl's recommendation; tri tip is awesome off the kk. i did a few with saunka! seasoned simply and seared on the lower grid, then roasted on the main grid to RARE! juicy, delicious, tender... we had them "fajita" style with flour tortillas and roasted peppers and lots of other stuff! very versatile!

As far as how I cooked it I loaded the K with lump and got the K rocket hot. My thermo registered 200 degrees :shock: but that was too hot. I reduced the temp to about 800 and seared it on either side for a few minutes and then I reduced the temp to 550 and moved the tritip to the front edge of the cooker away from the direct heat. Not really sure how long it took to reach 125 since I never go by time, only temperature. I didn't use any oil since this cut has a decent amount of fat that renders with the heat. I do salt 1/2hr before grilling which brings proteins to the surface which facilitates good browning.

Pics of juice running dowm the chin? Don't have that but I do have this.

juice.jpg

As far as the cutting board it's about 5 years old and made by a company called ozark west. Absolutely the BEST and a work of art. It's heavy and expensive but will surely be passed down long after I am gone.

I also grilled some asparagus. What a feast!!

asparagus.jpg

Ah man, grilled asparagus, I love them too. God you are making me hungry and I cannot even grill. :cry:

-=Jasen=-

You'll learn how to grill. Shoot, as much time as you spend out here on the forum it shouldn't take you anytime to learn. Just gotta get you a grill first dude. You can be our poster boy onst we get ya going. Yehaw :lol: