Herbie J - Alabama

Olive Press - Port of Koper

I have been traveling for work the past two weeks through West Africa and Slovenia. I came across this old olive press in a restaurant at the port of Koper on the Adriatic Sea. I wanted to share a video of it operating. Also, their specialty, salted fish. It’s good to be back and I brought home some interesting spices to try on the KK. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Yay.  I went to Abidjan on a school trip for French language learning when I was about 14.  I was amazed that people actually spoke this language that we were being forced to learn.  Set me off on a lifelong journey to learn languages and the food was good too.  I am interested in the pork and gruyere dish.  I remember eating fried plantains with hot sauce by the road side when I was there.

• Like 2

Always interesting to see moving pictures from far away lands that tell a unique story. You wouldn't get away with running that Olive press in a restaurant here in the States...just too many laws, was a delight to see. Watch your fingers and hold on to the kids! lol 

• Like 1