KKash

Vegan Recipes

Hi Everyone!

I love cooking big cuts of meat on my KK42 it is just the best experience ever!

However, my daughter is vegan, and I am keen to include meals for her on the KK.

Do any of you have vegan recipes that you use/have used on the KK? I’m hoping for some that include the use of smoke and a nice lengthy cook, but realize my expectations may exceed reality!

I apologize if there is already a topic somewhere for this, I didn’t find it in my search.

Thanks All!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hi there @KKash.  I was going to pass on this one and then realised that any and every vegetable dish cooked on a KK has the chance to pass your vegan test.  Here are a few cooks that may help:

Nothing beats a slow roasted pepper.  I do this with mini tomatoes too and they turn into little sweeties to pop in your mouth while you wait for the main event.

IMG_5106.thumb.jpeg.26f165c617c0f2cfded217f27517b669.jpeg

The main event could be a caponata.  Here mine did catch some smoke alongside a  meaty cook.

IMG_4832.thumb.jpeg.684fcf089967cee684041e2cf5b2a58b.jpeg

Or a fancy pants Thomas Keller ratatouille for a special occasion

IMG_4642.thumb.jpeg.8ec468b1075de94bbd286c9b53d10113.jpegIMG_4645.thumb.jpeg.b616fcd283abdc79d4c106a6c025d988.jpeg

Finally, roast peaches and figs for dessert.

IMG_6306.thumb.jpeg.42ff48e12ba978d43516c0d975327057.jpeg

Sorry, no actual recipes but all are easily discoverable online and can be tailored to your taste.  Jealous of your 42.  It does mean you have loads of space to cook your daughter separate meals alongside the rest of your cook.  Guess she would not appreciate the goat accessory that comes with a 42.  

• Like 6

@tekobo thank you for the excellent suggestions, and photos really help stir my imagination. Am now researching recipes and we shall where I finish up!!

The 42 is glorious, cannot say enough complimentary things about it - strictly speaking much bigger than I need, but it's nice (luxury) to be cooking indirect and still spread things out. 

• Like 2

My sister in law is vegan and I’ve made her really good vegan pizzas on my KK by buying vegan cheese and then adding whatever veggies she likes to her pizza 

you can almost take any recipe and turn it vegan like stew or soup, I made a vegan lasagna two weeks ago as well. Just source the right ingredient and substitute. Beyond burgers are good for vegans 

• Like 2