twharton

Holiday Weekend Cook....What's In Your KK?

I heard that the President of Iran released the British hostages in honor of Mohammed's birthday and Jesus Christs' resurrection so if he's going to free innocent people then the least we can do is free some innocent flesh that is currenty incarcerated in foam paks, celophane, and vacuum plastic.

What are you freeing this weekend? Me....baby back pork tenderloin ribs.

I hope for lots of responses here (call em suggestions cos I might use em).

I have recently commited to 100% baby backs when doing ribs from now on. They are worth the extra cost / tenderness for me...just tastier. I will also share my preferred (after months of testing) rub. (= parts Emeril's essence and brown sugar) It's spicy but not overpowering and the sugar give a nice crust. Get Emeril's at Sam's along with the ribs and save $$$. I've taken to slow cooking between 200 - 220 for 6-7 hours and get raves and perfection every time. Sometimes I will place lemon slices on one of the racks of ribs for a slight variation but thats just me.

Not usually a sauce person my neighbor brought a concoction over last week which I will share when I get the recipe in the appropriate spot.

Okay I want lots of pre-weekend info then we all should post photos (in the appropriate place) of our Easter/Moahmmed Birthday Que.

:smt045

With 2 whole weeks at home, and 100# of smoke wood (cherry, apple, grape, persimmon, and pecan) that I carted home from Missouri via American Airlines, the question is more like "What will you NOT be cooking" :D

So far, Ive done Chicken with Apple smoke, pork loin with grape smoke and an accompanying blackberry merlot sauce, and burgers.

I plan to hit BJs and pick up a case of pork tenderloins (a bargain by the case at $2.49/#) and some proscuitto. The proscuitto is to wrap stuffed chicken breasts, and the tenderloins are always a great quick and easy meal, since they cook fast and can be encrusted with just about any glaze/flavor.

Double Duty or is this triple?

Today - NY Strips seared HOT and then coated Al Forno (garlic, Parmesan and olive oil) and finished indirect - wonderful! Served with a 2001 Rutherford CAB

Sunday - 2 racks of baby backs and a whole roaster chicken in the roti - maybe pictures for these