Buzilo

Best pizza stone

Hey @Laurie, I wouldn't fess up to adding the chicken fat.  Just say it tastes extra good for some other reason 🤪

@Syzygies, we are quits.  The Netherton Foundry was recommended by @Sir Bill.  A lovely place to go to just look at stuff.  So well made.  I have a paella pan from them too.  All good.

I get that a food processor probably won't be up to it.  The Husband walked by a minute ago.  Not impressed with the thought of a new piece of kit that he thinks I don't need.  The Stone Wet Grinder is on my wishlist.  Will do more investigating before i dive in.  

• Like 1

Hmmm. So it seems Nathan Mhyrvold of Modernist Cuisine fame, and inspirer of the baking steel, is also an astrophotographer. I discovered this by perusing one my astronomy forums on mosaic processing. See subject post: https://www.cloudynights.com/topic/753221-large-scale-mosaic-stitching-software-whats-your-favorite/?p=10843001

Obvious conclusion: to be truly cool one needs to be both a food nerd and an astrophotographer. :smt023

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, BOC said:

@Pequod, I have thought this since joining the forum and not a better chance than now. But this used to be my favorite chicago style when I lived there. The cheese ring on the cast iron effect is something I’ve since replicated many times.

https://m.yelp.com/biz/pequods-pizzeria-chicago

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have never been to Pequod's, but know a lot of people rave about it. Detroit style does something sort of similar with cheese toasting on the edge of the pan, and I agree it is excellent. Real Deep Dish (an excellent site for authentic Chicago style deep dish) has a take on Pequod's here that I really need to try: The Quod - A Modern Take on Deep Dish Pizza - Real Deep Dish

9 hours ago, Pequod said:

That was fun to read Pequod.  Hero worship or what?  

As for being cool?  I always thought that "cool" required a level of insouciance that is hard for an obsessive or a nerd to fake.  Maybe one day I will be a cool aunt.  In practice I think I will always be a mad aunt.  

6 hours ago, tekobo said:

That was fun to read Pequod.  Hero worship or what?  

As for being cool?  I always thought that "cool" required a level of insouciance that is hard for an obsessive or a nerd to fake.  Maybe one day I will be a cool aunt.  In practice I think I will always be a mad aunt.  

Mad and cool are two parts of the same elephant. Just a matter of perspective.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1