Fetzervalve

Kitchen remodel

Re: Kitchen remodel

We are starting a major kitchen move/remodel that will push the KK into heavy use this spring - summer - fall :cry: I hope it doesn't last till fall, but it's gonna be about 99% DIY so who knows.

Perhaps, I'll toss up a few pictures of the project.....

You gonna put in an indoor kitchen? Wow, I'll bet all them other Iowans will be coming over to take a look at that huh? Way ta go man :shock:

Fetzer, what ever you figure in time and materials; double it!

You'll definitely be using the Kooker! Low and slows; ribs, butts, etc. worked out great in keeping the help happy.

I'm coming to the end of a remodel project I started in Jan; bath, kitchen, and bedrooms. My first time doing such a thing.

I did hire out the sheet rock work; which is now hung and being finished as I write, should be finished Saturday; so this weekend hoping to start doors, trim, etc.

That's the big boss coming in to crack the whip; you'll get that too!

102_0360.jpg

Appliances

Anyone have any experience with commercial type indoor cooking apparatus, such as a range? We would like to get something nice - perhaps on the level of a KK. We are trying to decide and have it more or less narrowed to 36" dual fuel range, either a Dacor or Thermador. Any opinions/experience with these?

Thanks!

I bought a Jenn-Air 36" dual fuel range. So far I'm happy with it. I got the one with the twin ovens:

day091-02.jpg

So far so good. The only thing I don't like is that black shiny porcelain top surface shows every speck of dust and grease and nose hairs and you name it. So, you have to clean it fairly often if you mind how things look in your kitchen. We had a minor problem with and got the repairman in. Turns out it was user error :oops: but the repair man did tell me that this was a very reliable model and that he almost never gets calls on it. Good luck!

Here are the photos I promised a few months ago....

Step one - a new deck to access the new back door.

IMG_0093.jpg

The subject kitchen.

DSC02697.jpg

The place the new kitchen will be located.

P3100004.jpg

Wall to be removed. Old kitchen through door to the left - new entry door where the window is at the back of the house.

DSC02701.jpg

Windows out - new door in here.

DSC02696.jpg

Plaster and lath out....

P4070040.jpg

P4070037.jpg

On the road home - new skylight and foam insulation.

IMG_0491.jpg

Drywall going in - the only remaining original kitchen - the fully functional range - sink and dishwasher!

P6220006.jpg

Oh yeah, I also installed some radiant tubing for the bathroom floor in the 1/2 story above.

IMG_0325.jpg

And dug out the "room" under the porch and poured a concrete floor with radiant tubing in it also.

P3180001.jpg

IMG_0293.jpg