tony b

Happy Mardi Gras, Y'all!

Me and Mardi Gras Bear were eager to kick off "Fat Tuesday!"

893085440_MardiGras-2022001.thumb.jpg.bd9621fe0049307a96ddc7e5f7d30724.jpg

Lunch was a Shrimp Po'Boy. Panko fried Cajun shrimp with homemade remoulade and cocktail sauces on a baguette with some shredded cabbage & carrot. Behaving myself a little with a non-alcohol Hurricane.

796919369_MardiGras-2022002.thumb.jpg.1fa50f35ab071de69e8ca41d92e2bd9a.jpg

1681678743_MardiGras-2022003.thumb.jpg.bfea0ab26e688ee50ed1b7d6b3d190ed.jpg

Dinner of red beans and rice (maybe my best ever!) and a "real" Hurricane this time! 

1382450548_MardiGras-2022007.thumb.jpg.5e35a58ae572f649e9db90dca67bf090.jpg

Hope all y'all had a great Mardi Gras! Laissez les bons temps rouler! 

• Like 6

Well, it's a big deal at my house! Actually, I cook Cajun year 'round. 

We used to have a specialty market dedicated to Cajun foods. They actually drove down once a month and bought things to stock the store. You could always ask them to pick up something in particular for you and they were happy to bring it back! I miss the fresh boudin! 

Confession, I thought that I had some Tasso in the freezer, but when I went to look, I couldn't find it. Too late to order it online and with my old supplier gone (many years ago 😢), I went scrounging around most of the local markets to no avail. Had to improvise - a combo of country ham and Nduja. Worked pretty damn good! 

@Poochie   Hell Yeah, I'm an old Hippie! Proud of it, too! ✌️ ☮️

• Like 3

I had long hair too. The Beatle years...Emerson Lake and Palmer...Led Zeppelin..ZZ Top...Yes...I love about every soul group during that time too. Tony is about 9 months younger than me so he lived through it too. Tasso is sold everywhere around here and the best boudin I ever ate is at a store about 7 miles from my house with the unusual name of Nunu's.  Cracklin is good cajun food too. Fried hog fat pieces in hog fat. Very healthy. 

C6Bill, your barber is standing too close to you during those haircuts. 

• Haha 4