David Chang

Gambas al Ajillo

6 minutes ago, Poochie said:

Those shrimp look great but I really like the big handles on that pan/wok. Where did you get it?

this is a carbon steel roasting pan made by blanc creatives. i was introduced to them from Clive, the wood fired oven chef.

he's the guy who inspired me to get a pizza oven and cook various kinds of high temperature foods...

2 hours ago, David Chang said:

carbon steel roasting pan made by blanc creatives

Pro Roaster - 9" Small

Expensive, but they look worth it. I love my faux cast iron (leaning carbon steel) pans. Best of both worlds.

My Dad built furniture from pine. You used to be able to buy decent pine; you can't anymore. My ancestors used to cook in cast iron. You used to be able to buy decent cast iron. You can't anymore.

yeah i have some cast iron, but i prefer (or spoiled) by the lightweight agility of carbon steel. the smallest finex cast iron sauce pot i have is as heavy as the largest carbon steel roasters by blanc. yeah they are expensive, but my regret is not buying quality pans early in my life. i must have spent more $ on garbage pans and knives in my past than all the cs pans i've bought recently.