Tyrus

Size matters

Well, at least when your considering extra storage for wood or charcoal.  I wanted something water proof or at least close to it so I built this box incorporating a ship lap top construction sealed with Gorilla glue at the seams for a weather tight seal. Handles had to applied just to move it, it was beastly heavy. The sides were seasoned pine boards tightly fitted and held with decking screws on to a sturdy frame. The whole box 6'x2'x2.5' sits a few inches above the ground to prevent decay with some 6x6 posts, remnants from the pavillion I built. Nothing fancy, fully functioal and could if needed possibly double as a casket for two.  It does need some art work but that'll come later. Just an idea.

DSCF4131.JPG

DSCF4133.JPG

DSCF4132.JPG

DSCF4135.JPG

Edited by Tyrus
  • Like 6

Rodents? I'm not storing anything edible in there and the worst I have is a groundhog living under one of my sheds. Nah, no worries..if Mac says I'm fine it's good for me. I also have an attack dog as deterrent, a Irish Jack always on the prowl.

• Like 2