DennisLinkletter

HELP New 42" Baking Stone for sale Deer Park NY

42" Baking Stone for sale Deer Park NY
A customer's son wanted a 32" but ordered the wrong size baking stone,.  They somehow did not read it clearly being labeled a  42" Baking Stone on the special shipping box which is cardboard outside, plywood inside and lots of foam (because they always get broken by UPS), opened it up.. and even after seeing it's the wrong stone, (it's two pieces not one) threw away the highly engineered original crate/box...
Now,  I'm now I'm the bad guy for politely telling them by phone call, I'm sorry they could not return it a homemade box.  It will probably get broken on the return or going out to a new customer (at my cost).  And of course, the new merchandise experience we work so hard on with our packaging would also be lost. 
He then actually had the audacity to post this bad review about it.. ARGH..
We gladly accept returns but they often need to be in the original packaging.. Especially grills and heavy objects with specialized packing.
But I'd still like to help him sell it. 

xxx.jpg

• Sad 2

That's incredible. He forgot the part about throwing away the packaging and not seeing "42" baking stone" on the outside. Some people would complain if you hung them with a new rope! Anyway, maybe someone will take it off his hands. Those pizza stones are pretty popular from what you've told us. If he lists it on Facebook marketplace, it will sell in a week or less.  

Ordering the wrong size can happen to anyone, it takes a special kind of anyone to then throw away the packaging and still expect to be able to return it. If I had a 42 I'd be thrilled to take it off their hands.

• Like 1