After watching Guga's video (2023 BBDO LETD LCS Let's Deliver Carbon Capture BL 15 OLV BUSLDR SOC TRUEV HUM NO 15s YouTube Truevi), I thought that I'd give the compound butter idea a go, seeing as I had the HonDashi in the pantry already. Chuck steak rubbed with Rodney Scott's Porcini, Garlic & Herb pepper rub, grilled on the lower grate. Top half-grate is spinach & cheese stuffed portabello mushrooms with garlic panko crumbs. Plated with some nice cheesy polenta.

I did mix in some of the dry rub into the compound butter to tie it all together. I did notice the added flavor that the HonDashi added. Interesting. I'll probably try it again sometime.

20240525_181941.thumb.jpg.62123df4821384a02bc8ccb34d299b53.jpg

20240525_182416.thumb.jpg.5f21d56f920602012087605acfd9a2fa.jpg

• Like 8

Interesting...

I turn up my nose at hondashi for Japanese cooking and make my own dashi from scratch.  That said, compound butter using the powdered stuff does look like an interesting prospect.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Nice meal Toney. Coincidently I was watching on You tube a video traveler commenting on your city, he mentioned many positive attributes surrounding it. Clean and still affordable was his emphasis, and all those storms passing by....make sure the your KK cover is secure. Stay safe

• Thanks 1