Greg_R

Best cleaning methods for KK

For stubborn smoke buildup, magic erasers work like a champ, and they dont really work at the grout like a scrub brush would. Grout sealer soaks into the porous grout, so I wouldnt sweat rubbing it off. I have taken a scrub brush to mine before, and its fine. You may want to reseal your grout every year or two, which will probably also be as often as you need to scrub the outside. :D

I had a bunch of smoke residue on my top damper from a string of very smokey oak cooks, and after a rain or two, its all washed off.

To scrub your grout..

Just to say use a brush might be dangerous as they come in so many different stiffnesses and bristle types.. They also might very quickly remove the grout or cut grooves in it.. I recommend using a Scotch-brite type pad. I'd start with the smoothest one you can find.. These are usually white and used in the kitchen and sold to clean glass and chrome without scratching them.. Remember that water beads up on well sealed grout..

:wink:

Hmmm, a mossy cooker sounds interesting. Perhaps make some puddles and get some dry ice and you could have Yoda's KK? "Maintain consistent temperature this Stoker will." I guess if you forget to flip the chicken there will be a light side and a dark side to it. :)

May the schwartz be with you!

It's a good thing Brent Moss went to New England vs Seattle. Then we would have a mossy Moss. Firemonkey, the Gators would eat a mossy KK up! Your cooker is not shedding, it's molting. I will get more serious folks, once mine arrives. Supposedly between 10 and 12 tomorrow. Here's my last memory of Moss at Lambeau Field. :butthead:

In my opinion' date=' vinegar is too acidic.[/quote']

Don't forget the pH scale goes both ways, bleach is about as basic as vinegar is acidic. The downside of vinegar is that acids affect metals (bases affect fats), but the benefit is that it's also much easier to wash away. You can always dilute either 'till your heart's content, of course.

Now what are we talking about again?

In my opinion' date=' vinegar is too acidic.[/quote']

Don't forget the pH scale goes both ways, bleach is about as basic as vinegar is acidic. The downside of vinegar is that acids affect metals (bases affect fats), but the benefit is that it's also much easier to wash away. You can always dilute either 'till your heart's content, of course.

Massengill is formulated to match the pH range of healthy women

* Three natural ingredient, hypoallergenic formulas: Extra Mild Vinegar & Water, Extra Cleansing Vinegar & Water, and Baking Soda & Water