Sanny

propane plugged?

Shake shake shake the tank - there's liquid in it.

Virtually no flame coming out of the burner. What's there shrivels up and dies, and is hard to re-light.

Ok, so (genius here), gas isn't getting from the tank to the burner.

It's a K burner, but "off the shelf" hose and regulator. I liked the brass one that came with, but no gas went through it.

How to unplug whatever's plugged? Doesn't seem to be a kink in the hose leading to the burner.

Suggestions? I hate lighting lump with newspaper. mutter mutter. :x

Its a pretty simple system.. Just cracking the valve with the regulator off and getting flow will isolate the tank as a problem.. After that it is going to be dirt clogging the orifice or regulator.. or the regulator has failed

Actually, most new tanks also have a anti-leak device just on the inside of the valve adapter. It is basically a check valve that is held open when you insert the nipple/nut from the regulator. So you can actually have the tank valve all the way open and still get zero flow if there is no device attached to it.

I might also point out that this valve and the anti-overfill float valve were designed to completely stop flow when activated. So unless they are failing, you should not be receiving any gas at the burner when they are activated (in which case it is time to switch out the tank anyway).

Regulators tend to fail when exposed to the elements, so that is a good possibility along with checking the jet orifice (which should be cleaned every now and then anyway - keep the burner efficient).

-=Jasen=-

I need a Jammy for my propane tank! :)

He is making me one. But it is more of a cover to match the color of my grill and only skirts the sides. I was going to ask him to make one that covered the regulator and valve, but I just tried to keep it simple instead.

BTW, it will not take you long to check out these things; just remember your settings and count the threads or turns when you remove the jet orifice.

-=Jasen=-

It's just better to have things simple ain't it. To many bells and whistles to break. :fucyc:

Gotta agree here. POSK's aren't meant to have gas.*

Sounds like God's will to me. Don't fight it or you may get smited (smote??? smitten??? nah, definitely not smitten).

*actually no ceramic-type cooker should have have gas. :soap:

Sanny...My POSK does the same thing occasionally.

Since the POSK has an open tube going from the outside of the grill, things like to get in there and take up residence. If you pull your gas burner all the way out of the grill, you should be able to look through the holes directly on the end of the burner, and see through the tube. If you cant see lots of daylight, you have spiders or something living in there.

Solving the plugged propane FLD

It's the flow limiting device built into the QCC-1 (black plastic knob that attaaches to the tank), that's stuck. To fix low flame syndrome do this: Close Valves on Grill. Close tank valve. Remove QCC-1 from tank. Wait 5 minutes. Reattach. Open tank fully but slowly. Start grill burner (s) with match. Should solve problem. If not, replace the QCC-1 connector. Simple as that.

Re: Solving the plugged propane FLD

It's the flow limiting device built into the QCC-1 (black plastic knob that attaaches to the tank)' date=' that's stuck. To fix low flame syndrome do this: Close Valves on Grill. Close tank valve. Remove QCC-1 from tank. Wait 5 minutes. Reattach. Open tank fully but slowly. Start grill burner (s) with match. Should solve problem. If not, replace the QCC-1 connector. Simple as that.[/quote']

Hey, welcome to the forum!

-=Jasen=-

Thank you Jasen. Hopefully I'll get the hang of this soon on exactly how the reply posts work.

If you are talking about me replying to you in quotes, you simply hit the small quote button on the right side of the message you wish to quote. Then type your message below.

-=Jasen=-

Thank you Jasen. Hopefully I'll get the hang of this soon on exactly how the reply posts work.

If you are talking about me replying to you in quotes, you simply hit the small quote button on the right side of the message you wish to quote. Then type your message below.

-=Jasen=-

I think I got it. Welcome back from the official home city of the Cat in the Hat

We got our own grill mechanic...great. Welcome.

I know, I know, this is not a welcome thread...but DJ welcomed so I will to.

So, where exactly is far enough away from Boston, and where exactly is the official city of the cat in the hat. (Dr. Suess is my and my daughters favorite writter by far)

We got our own grill mechanic...great. Welcome.

I know, I know, this is not a welcome thread...but DJ welcomed so I will to.

So, where exactly is far enough away from Boston, and where exactly is the official city of the cat in the hat. (Dr. Suess is my and my daughters favorite writter by far)

You asked: "Where is far enough away from Boston and where exactly is the official city of the Cat in the Hat"

Theodor (Ted) Seuss Geisel was born in Springfield, Massachusetts (They wanted the Simpsons to live here too, but I guess it was too crowded for them). in what was once a very nice neighborhood. I don't know if his house still stands but I remember seeing it growing up. Springfield is approximately 100 miles due west of Boston. It sits on the Connecticut border. During Geisel's time it was referred to as the City of Homes.

There is a large display dedicated to Seuss's characters at the main branch of the Springfield Library at State and Maple street....not far from where he grew up.

For quick trivia, Springfield is also the home of the Basketball Hall of Fame and the Titanic Historical Society Museum.

Thanks for the welcome....sorry it's not the official welcome thread.