Porkchop

Anthony Bourdain, "Kitchen Confidential"

has anybody read this? i'm about halfway thru it, and was into it from page 1. there's a point at which he explains that he wont ever be on food network, because he doesn't have a catchphrase like "Bam" or "kick it up a notch", and that he doesn't anticipate a backrub from Bobby Flay anytime soon...

he had me at "Bobby Flay"... :twisted:

Absolutely loved this book and have read everything by Bourdain. This one, in particular though, really changed my life.

I've actually had the pleasure to have met and hung out with Tony several times in person and have even gone drinking with him on a few occasions here in Chicago...an activity where it is very difficult to keep up with him. ;)

=R=

I'm thinking audio file in the car..

I really like Bourdain's narrative style on his show which I'm sure is how he writes..

As he has great voice I'm thinking audio file in the car..

I'd much rather hear this one than read it..

I just checked and it's available as an mp3..

Audiobook Download Information

Edition: Unabridged (Random House Audio)

Length: 8 hours, 19 minutes

File Size: 229 MB (123 files)

Published: October 2005

A great sample Listen

http://www.emusic.com/samples/m3u/book/10001826/0.m3u

Thanks Dennis, and Ron I know you have mentioned this book to me a while back, I may possibly make this a must read while in the north woods huddled in my deer stand, trying to not fall asleep while "the big one" happens by. Or to try to calm my nerves while recalling how I viewed the rear end of said deer as I woke upand watched it walked past me . :morons: