primeats

Game meats?

Anyone roasted any game meats on the KK?.I have some frozen venison from last fall that has to be consumed before the next great hunting expedition to Canada. I've made brats, Italian, summer saus.,smoked polish,even hot dogs, would like to try to cook some whole portions and looking for some wisdom.

That is a long mission for an employed man! Maybe the aliens came out of the yella KK and grabbed him. :eek: Maybe he got mad at Curly for picking on him for the color of his KK. :evil: He was really getting into the breads and then he disappeared. There is a lot of wild boar around the area he lives....maybe :eek:

There is a lot of wild boar around the area he lives....maybe :eek:

Yah, I know how that can be. I'm up against bores every day at work. :roll: Usually not wild, but the domestic bores can be just as bad.

Just wanna gnaw yer own arm off so you can make some excuse like "I have to go to the hospital now, so we'll have to continue this later, k?"

I can just imagine how bad the wild ones must be. If that's what Doggy is up against, odds aren't good! :cry:

Re: Game meats?

Anyone roasted any game meats on the KK?.I have some frozen venison from last fall that has to be consumed before the next great hunting expedition to Canada. I've made brats' date=' Italian, summer saus.,smoked polish,even hot dogs, would like to try to cook some whole portions and looking for some wisdom.[/quote']

I have tried them before and they did not turn out well. Just not enough fat for a low and slow (adding bacon didn't help a bit).

Only way I like venison is hot and fast. Preferably backstraps, battered, fried and smothered in gravy!

-=Jasen=-

defo NOT an expert, but i've done kebabs marinated in italian dressing on the grill. hot and fast, rare in the center. same on some thick cut chops. wouldn't try a roast; too lean. better for a braise or "pot roast". personally, i'd cube a large-ish roast and make stew or chili in the pressure cooker or dutch oven. but i'm with deej on this one. my fave is smothered chops, like with pork chops, with mushroom gravy and fried taters.