PaulR

More Aussie Beef

Whilst Dennis was buying ribs we bought some wagyu beef at the local markets.

Nice marbling on the beef:

Wagyu.jpg

It looks kinda small on Aussie Blue :eek: :

Paul.jpg

But the result was delicious:

Done.jpg

It still had a fair amount of fat on it but the meat was super tender/melt in your mouth stuff...with a nice red wine sauce (and some Cabernet Sauvignon) went down a treat...

ABout 1 kg of steak between 2 and it all went... :P

Looks wonderful, Paul!

What did you do there, oil your potatoes and roast them in the drip pan? Never tried that :D How long, and how hot did you roast it for? Were there drippings in the pan to flavor the potatoes?

Yep, just some olive oil + pepper/salt and some fresh chopped rosemary from the garden....

I did a fairly quick roast at 350 for about 70 minutes (since my wife doesn't like too much blood I aimed for a medium (160 in the middle). It came out pretty well and some pieces just melted in my mouth. mmmmm :D We made a red wine sauce that really complimented the meat.

The potatoes took about 50 minutes (same temp) and yes there was a nice drip drip on the taters. Pretty easy way to cook meat + potatoes...

How thick was the steak?

I did a fairly quick roast at 350 for about 70 minutes since my wife doesn't like too much blood I aimed for a medium (160 in the middle). It came out pretty well and some pieces just melted in my mouth. mmmmm.

How thick was the steak? I've never tried roasting one.. always high temps 60-90 seconds per side then rest 10 minutes and back in at 325º for about 10-15 minutes.

:eek::eek:

Re: How thick was the steak?

How thick was the steak? I've never tried roasting one.. always high temps 60-90 seconds per side then rest 10 minutes and back in at 325º for about 10-15 minutes.

:eek::eek:

That sounds about right for a regular steak, it doesn't show in the picture but I would estimate the thickness to have been at least 7 centimeters so about 2.7 inches....10-15 minutes wouldn't even have warmed up the center (i would have eaten it since I like my steaks blue). It weighed about 2 pounds...