ThreeDJ16

Lifting??

Ok, I am curious if anyone here has any suggestions for me to get a K into the back of a small pickup truck? I do not have a ramp, nor do I have a low spot? Dead lifting is not an option for me (I have some back issues - not to mention it's freakn heavy). Any help would be appreciated!

-=Jasen=-

If you are picking it up at at truck line they should load it for you. You should take tiedowns so it doesn't move around the truck bed. Another thing you can rent trailer with drop down ramps that are low the ground. U_haul ones rent for about $25/day.

Somewhere I saw a pic of some folks lifting a K or KK with straps that had loops for their hands to go in.

The straps looped under the grill with a hand on each side. It looked lke it would be pretty handy indeed, although I couldn't see anyone getting it up more than a step or 2 that way.

Anybody remember ever seeing that?

Drunk_J

Do you have an overhead support of any sort that you could use to hoist the K with a block and tackle? Then you could drive underneath it and lower it.

Just trying to think outside the box. :wink:

Besides, I don't want you hurting it in anyway... I'm only willing to pay $300 for a kAmado in pristine condition.

If you are picking it up at at truck line they should load it for you. You should take tiedowns so it doesn't move around the truck bed. Another thing you can rent trailer with drop down ramps that are low the ground. U_haul ones rent for about $25/day.

I paid the extra $125 for the home lift gate delivery...

• Gas at ~$3.16 (regular unleaded) around here
    UHaul is ~5 miles from my house and the trucking terminal is ~80 miles away
    Bridge toll is $2.50
    trailer rental is ~$30 with tax/fees...

When all said an done I'd be paying ~$75 more for liftgate home delivery and it would take at minimum 4hrs of my time. If all goes well... trailer is available for the pickup window, the weather cooperates (imagine doing this in a nasty thunderstorm?)... I still own the cooker the minute I pick it up from the trucking terminal and therefore the risk... however small it may be... associated with getting it home.

I think it's $75 well spent... YMMV.

??

Won't disagree with that and my plan is more than likely to use home delivery when I get my new KK. The thing is, this ramp is for someone coming to pick up my original K. Their vehicle would not allow them to get a Uhaul ramp trailer - yeah, I know how dumb it that on Uhauls part - I mean it is a truck after all. But anyway, our choice was pick it up and put it in the back of his Ranger or build a ramp - guess you can see were I went - hehe.

BTW, last time I got home delivery is was about $75 just for that and another $50 for a lift gate truck - so the total for me was $125. But still worth it for not having the aggrevation.

-=Jasen=-

A lot of u-hauls or owner trailer have a tailgate that lowers to the ground. If it has expanded metal with large holes a piece of plywood and you can roll your K right up the ramp. Tie down with straps with rachets and let go on their way. Just me. Been there done that. Great that you have sold your old unit.

!

Yeah, they would not rent him a Uhaul with his older Ford Ranger - we were going the ramp Uhaul route too.

Anyway - LAUNCHED BABY!!!! It is gone, outter here, sold! It was dark so I could not get a photo of it in the truck, but the ramp worked great. Dennis, get those options into production as I am ready for my KK now!! :lol:

-=Jasen=-

PS - Sorry there, Gerard, I ended up getting a bit more than your $300 offer. Matter of fact, just barely shy of what I was asking!! :P

A lot of u-hauls or owner trailer have a tailgate that lowers to the ground. If it has expanded metal with large holes a piece of plywood and you can roll your K right up the ramp. Tie down with straps with rachets and let go on their way. Just me. Been there done that. Great that you have sold your old unit.

I picked up my Sacremento #7 with a help of a friend who has a trailer. It was uneventful and we got it home OK but I told myself I would never do it again. The $$ savings is just not enough for me to want to do it again... and I'm a pretty darn cheap guy.

Re: !

...PS - Sorry there' date=' Gerard, I ended up getting a bit more than your $300 offer. Matter of fact, just barely shy of what I was asking!! :P[/quote']

I can't believe you managed to hold out for a better offer.

Congrats. No really, I mean it. :cry:

Thanks! Your more than welcome come eat some ribs off my new KK when it comes in! :)

-=Jasen=-