Majestik

Lamb Kabobs

EEK!!! Tentacles!! She's going to become a Squid Kid! Her fingers will grow long and suctiony! And she'll start squirting ink when she gets ticked off!!

:eek:

They look pretty good though, in a squidly sort of way. Dad used to do squid on the stove when I was a kid. Can't say that it ever became a fave. But the chewy rubberband things in lots of breading, and marinara! Those are ok! Of course, they chef could be using real rubber bands, for all I know. What with all the breading, who's to say? :shock:

(cute little Peruvian People dress on the Squid Kid! :happy8: )

That was her Costa Rican dress she was running around in that day.

No need to worry about her becoming a squid kid, though. The next scene was her spitting those tentacles back onto her plate. Gotta give her props for trying it though. She made a good go of it. Hehe.

I'm not wild about calamari. I've had good calamari twice in my life... and "blah" calamari dozens of times. I was hoping that since I bought these fresh and cleaned/prepped them myself that they would somehow be better than average. But no... just kinda bland, salty/sweet and slightly chewy. Not as bad as some I've had, but nothing to write home about.

Ah well.

:?

no way trish! any dad will let their little girl have whatever they want for dinner' date=' be it calamari or ice cream :wink: if baby wants tentacles, baby GETS tentacles![/quote']

I dunno, PC... what if baby wants giant crunchy godzilla water bugs fresh off the grill? I mean, do you let her have THAT? :shock:

Oh, wait... Dennis let his little princess eat bugs. Maybe PC's right? :wink:

my little girl is kinda like that... this one time, i made rumaki. she ended up taking off the bacon (who doesn't like bacon?) and eating those chicken livers naked, even after i told her what they were. some kids like it better, grossing the other kids out with what they like to eat.

i wouldn't put it past her to eat bbq'd bugs, either. lord knows she ate her share as a diaper butt :wink:

I'm not wild about calamari. I've had good calamari twice in my life... and "blah" calamari dozens of times. I was hoping that since I bought these fresh and cleaned/prepped them myself that they would somehow be better than average. But no... just kinda bland, salty/sweet and slightly chewy. Not as bad as some I've had, but nothing to write home about.

Ah well.

:?

How long did you cook them for?? Something the size you are cooking should be on the grill less than a minute.

Or...cooked by another means for much longer.

Squid remains tender when cooked for a very short time..then gets chewie..then gets tender again after longer cooking.