Porkchop

Hey!! What's going on the grill this weekend, ya'll???

my middle child, cody (12) has called the menu for this saturday: spares, tips, and chicken wings. that will be a fun cook! ribs are low and slow, and wings are hot and fast.

he's a good boy!! i love hot wings, and haven't had them in so long, i'd forgotten i know how to make 'em!

oh, and wes, you know i'll be making a batch of raspberry chipotle sauce!! :mrgreen:

WHAT'S EVE'BODY ELSE PLANNING, HUH??

I've been gathering ingredients this week for:

One main meat dish: Ginger/lime pork tenderloin skewers - recipe that was on the BGE forum a week or so ago and I've been eager to try.

And one meal that's just appetizers: Bacon wrapped scallops (from Dr BBQ 2nd book) - also a first for me; also bacon wrapped watermelon rinds and ABTs.

Expect to have a Stoker by next weekend - so I'll put off doing big chunks of meat until then.

Hey Gerard,

What are "ABT"s?

--Mike :?

Mike,

I guess they became popular after you left the ceramic scene. You've probably already discovered it's the acronym for atomic buffalo turds. You've probably also found the recipe, but just in case you haven't: they're jalepeno's (seeds and membranes removed), stuffed with cream cheese, wrapped with bacon and held together with a tooth pick. Cook over rather gentle direct heat until the bacon is cooked.

They're truly wonderful. Folks try to improve on the recipe with shrimp, roast pork, little smokies, etc, but it can't be improved on. Also, something as mild as shrimp can't be tasted over the jalepeno.

gerard, i must say that, "i've improved it"tilesmilie.jpeg

instead of plain cream cheese, use honey nut or maple flavored cream cheese. pineapple is ok too, but not as good as the above 2. you can make a meal of these bad boys if you aren't careful...

i agree that meat isn't needed for the stuffing. the bacon is enough!

gerard' date=' i must say that, "i've improved it"[/quote'] I don't see how.
tilesmilie.jpeg
Hey, I'M AN EMOTICON!!!! HOW COOL IS THAT?!

instead of plain cream cheese' date=' use honey nut or maple flavored cream cheese....[/quote']I'll be damned... a flavored cream cheese... that might just be an improvement

...I'm talking half peppers here' date=' not whole ones.[/quote']

Ahhh, you're doing them on the half-shell. I've never tried that. Gotta be a whole lot easier to strip out the seeds and membranes that way. I always just take the cap off and it's tough that way. :cry: But I have very little cream cheese leakage during cooking. :)