JoeNY

KK is here!!!

It looks beautiful and arrived on time, in wonderful condition. There are a few items missing which I'll email Dennis about but one question I thought the forum might answer. The lid of my KK only opens about 5 inches when the latch is opened.

Is there a screw I can tighten to make sure the lid opens all the way when unlatched?

Thanks in advance,

Joe

Re: KK is here!!!

It looks beautiful and arrived on time, in wonderful condition. There are a few items missing which I'll email Dennis about but one question I thought the forum might answer. The lid of my KK only opens about 5 inches when the latch is opened.

Is there a screw I can tighten to make sure the lid opens all the way when unlatched?

Thanks in advance,

Joe

Yup, they come with the tension released. Dennis also includes the socket to fit the nut too (usually inside the grill). The nut is on the bottom of the spring in the rear. Just remove the hinge cover (if already installed) and tighten a little at the time. Keep testing as you do not want to over tighten. The proper setting is when the lid just does open all the way by itself (you do not want it slamming open).

-=Jasen=-

Re: Burner assembly....

Did your burner assembly come with your KK or was it shipped separately? My KK included everything (even some parts I can't identify) but no burner or attachment for my propane hookup.

Unsold Gen II's ship from Indo with out Burners.

Tel Tru thermometers ship from the States as they are from here.

I'm adding identifying photos to the manual.

As per the manual, tighten the rear hinge spring until the top opens assertively fully but does not hit the top and bounce back..