Texas Cornbread Salad

1 pkg 6oz Cornbread mix

1 pkg 6oz Jalapeno Cornbread mix

1 lb bacon, cooked & crumbled

2 bunches green onions chopped up tops & all

1 tomato chopped

1 bell pepper chopped

1 cup mayonanaise (Best Foods)

Generous amounts of, various chiles to your taste, celery, shredded cheese, black olives, more tomatoes.

Bake the cornbread i a long pan, then crumble it into a large bowl and add the other ingredients & referigerate until service.

This is a Texas recipe, and good corn bread mixes are available there. If none are available you can just bake a couble batch from a box of corn meal, and leave out the sugar. Then add a 7 oz can of ortega green chiles, and maybe a pinch of taco seasoning. You can bake it in the iron skillet you used to fry the bacon... don't you dare leave any drippings in the pan ! :)

Best foods Mayo seems to be best, if you add many of the varios extra inredients, you may need to add more mayo.

Its a good make ahead dish too. Serve with Tobasco or taco sauce ! Enjoy it

For those of us "out east," Hellmann's is the name of Best Foods mayo. Same animal.

That said, BOY is that a lotta fat and calories in that recipe! :shock: Corn bread is rich anyway, but add bacon and drippings AND mayo? Call in the EMTs! :)

Yah, yah. He's serving it with pork butt. What was I thinking? :roll:

For the Majestik one

You asked for a pic! Here u go...

cbsxa7.th.jpg

And if you want to make your house smell good, and spice up the CB salad, roast some chiles!

hotchileyr0.th.jpg

We left half a batch normal, and I got to add three roasted chopped jalapenos (not enough) so plus one small call chopped jalapenos and some sea salt to my half! If there is one thing I hate to hear other than "well done please" ,,, its "ooooohhhh its too spicey" LOL...

:angry4::angry4::angry4::assault::hammer:

Mmmmmmm

We got up this morning, and after exercising (yeah Sanny, we have to walk off all that good chow to keep our arteries from looking like that picture).

My wife was looking at the left over cornbread salad, and asked how I thought it would be with eggs. I said GREAT, so she made some patties, no additional fat or oil to keep the nutrition (sanny) police away :)

They were friggin awesome! I mean REALLY awesome, even better then the cold version from last night.

Knowing the frequing picture rule, I enclose the following!

pattytk8.th.jpg