Fast Freddie

Parts and Accessories

It depends on the parts (and how much you care about looks). Most of the damage can probably be fixed with fireplace cement and standard grout/tiles/sealant. If you've got some damaged stainless hardware you may be able to have someone fabricate simple replacements locally but anything complex you may need to send an email to Dennis to try to replace. He can also get you matching tiles if you want, if you don't care that much you can either use some standard tiles or even just leave them off.

If you've got any questions on how to get started, it may be best to post some pictures of the damage and we can post some pictures of what it's supposed to look like and some direction on how to get things fixed.

It depends on the parts (and how much you care about looks). Most of the damage can probably be fixed with fireplace cement and standard grout/tiles/sealant. If you've got some damaged stainless hardware you may be able to have someone fabricate simple replacements locally but anything complex you may need to send an email to Dennis to try to replace. He can also get you matching tiles if you want, if you don't care that much you can either use some standard tiles or even just leave them off.

If you've got any questions on how to get started, it may be best to post some pictures of the damage and we can post some pictures of what it's supposed to look like and some direction on how to get things fixed.

The bottom of the cooking chamber has some concrete broken off. It looks like I can form it and pour some replacement cement. I will add some rebar to strengthing it. I already have the replacement tiles. I don't think anything else is broke, except for one leg on the firebox, which should be easy to fix.

Your grill likely came with all the options :shock:

There are 3 grill racks, available in 3/8 or 1/4" stainless, all of which may or may not have been ordered with your grill.

There are refractory heat deflectors that sit on the top of the charcoal basket, which would have come with your grill.

There are some side tables that can be attached to the grill - if they are our of R&D yet :wink:

There is an EZque rotis that fits the grill, but you need to order the basket and motor directly from EZQue. Dennis makes the small square stainless rods to attach it to the grill.

And there is a port to add a temperature controller, I suspect you have that part covered :D

I can see the confusion. Some companies sell the basic package grill and everything extra. These cookers are sold as packages....and I don't recall ever seeing any repair parts requests before, except for some of the kamados. I know there have been freight damaged units, but I think the repairs and parts are usually handled by direct email to Dennis.

However Dennis might need to develop something when he returns as I think he has gotten numerous requests for parts for the Kamados....and freight damage will probably recur. :twisted: I personally am getting a new lump basket from Dennis for my brother-in-laws K7

I like to buy things with all the options. It is good to know that the KK comes this way. The large middle section fell four feet off of a truck, breaking half of the bottom, and a piece of the side is broke. It cannot stand on the base. I will form the broken area and pour some refractory cement in the form and level it out. I will take pictures of the repair process. I have new replacement tiles. I want to get it fixed and practice cooking with it. I want to take it along with my FEC to some contests. No one that competes against me has one. There are a lot of BGE's, and I use to see the couple who competed with Richard's Kamado's, but I haven't seen them since the Vegas competition in 2003.

I use to see the couple who competed with Richard's Kamado's, but I haven't seen them since the Vegas competition in 2003.

That's Kim & David... they own a dive shop (scuba stuff) in Virginia.

dallaswestondivecenter.com

I last saw them in 2005 when they stopped by and had dinner with me in PHX on a road trip, and in 2004 at New Holland PA Cookoff. (shown below at awards ceremony)

DSCN1109.JPG

DougS also used to compete as "Smoke Happens" with a pair of K's in PA area...not sure if he does or not anymore.

DSCN1075.JPG

I competed with my K's in 2004 in Tempe AZ... (6th overall :( )

DSCN0664.JPG

I'm in the middle with Dave Williams (left) & Mark Motta (right)

If I had an FEC I would not travel with a K... too heavy & fragile to take the banging around.