Firemonkey

Cookin-n-clickin!

Sure is a lot of talk about posting pictures around here. I figured i would try and lead by example :wink: I didnt have much time to put together anything that took planning, since I was on an airplane half the day. I stopped by BJs on the way home for a couple of natural chickens for tomorrows cook. While I was there, these rib eyes called my name.

Brought them to room temp with some fresh ground salt and pepper. A little sprinkle of steak seasoning, too

dscn2327xo0.jpg

KK at about 425-450 dome, with the lower (not sear) grill in place. Potatoes are about done, moved to the side to make room.

dscn2328ox6.jpg

On the grill with a few chunks of grape vine for smoke

dscn2329sn7.jpg

Cooking away, and making the downwind neighbors jealous

dscn2330jw9.jpg

Resting, and making ME jealous

dscn2333gs5.jpg

Eating good in the neighborhood :D

dscn2334cb6.jpg

I have the same plates Firemonkey. Did you get yours at the Mikasa factory store? Seeing how the local men are threatened by BBB, imagine how they would feel about the mikasa factory store. ;):D I see the wife's kamado is still in use.....and we wonder why you don't take more cooking pictures! Nice grub man. Motivated me to take out some ribeyes.

Motivated me to take out some ribeyes.

Sigh. I made lentil soup. :(

I know you all think it's imaginary soup. I'd be happy to take a picture, but we know what it looks like. Brownish green mushy stuff in a bowl. Probably we're all better off without pics of that. Tastes good, though. Nice and spicy (coriander, cumin, cayenne and cinnamon).