Sanny

Sanny, who knits...

Sanny and John - The pic will show up... eventually. By that I mean, you navigate your way to the post and then just wait until the data transfers from "www.postimage.org". I was reading your recent posts while staring at a grey box. After a bit of time passed, the image shows up! It is worth the wait as this little girl is a cutie! Here's some Eomoticons to entertain you while you wait... :D:violent2::pint::clock:

Shawls, for Jane Austen fest in Bath, UK

M and I are going to the Jane Austen fest! Naturally, that means we need outfits.

I knit two shawls. M's is blue, and is finished. Mine is still on the stretcher. She's making herself a Regency era dress, blue stripes, with a blue velveteen jacket and a bonnet. I made myself a lavender silk dress with off white lace. My shawl is off white, to match. No bonnet, but I'll have a hat with a feather. :)

58823122.jpg

11862218.jpg

Sanny - those socks are soooo cute!!! :smt045 The detail' date=' the changes of direction and texture are amazing - I can't imagine how you do it!! Do you have a pic of the ones in the color of Hitman's sunset picture? I would buy them if they were for sale. [/quote']

:) Susan

Actually, what I have is YARN that color. Yarn is really sock embryos, right? :happy8:

Next pair of socks is going to be variegated dark blues. A friend has been hinting so broadly, it's getting rather embarrassing.

Impressive work! As one who has an ever decreasing attention span' date=' i have to ask; how long did it take to make that?! :shock:[/quote']

Well, I was in a hurry. About a month, I think? Maybe 3 weeks.

It looks great with the outfit I made for the Jane Austen Festival in Bath, England.

TskAFoJ.jpg

You are sumpin' else Sanny! That's fantastic work! Your outfit too!

Reminds me of the crochet/tatting work Brugge, Belgium is so known for. I loved sitting watching the ladies toss bobbins back and forth, over and under, on their little tables, creating masterpieces; wearing outfits just like yours and M's. Very cool.

Great work Sanny! It's almost a lost art in America anymore; nice to see you keeping it going.

Impressive work! As one who has an ever decreasing attention span' date=' i have to ask; how long did it take to make that?! :shock:[/quote']

Well, I was in a hurry. About a month, I think? Maybe 3 weeks.

It looks great with the outfit I made for the Jane Austen Festival in Bath, England.

TskAFoJ.jpg

Oh...so these ain't Johnnies Jammies :?